If cellulite has got you down in the dumps, at least you can know that you’re not alone. Women from all walks of life, of all ages, of all sizes and shapes complain about having cellulite on their bodies. In fact, cellulite is so popular a problem that there’s a whole industry devoted to helping women get rid of it.
The truth is, however, that you can get rid of cellulite on your own if you know what you are doing. The key is to use a combination of different treatments. All in all, this becomes the absolute best treatment for getting rid of that cellulite: a combination of things. In this article, we will give you all the keys to success for getting rid of cellulite that you will need, so read on to learn more.
1. Start with your diet
- Start by looking at what you eat every day. You should keep a food diary without changing any of your normal dietary habits just to track what you are eating on a regular basis and how much.
- Once you know your current dieting habits, you can modify them. Cellulite loves fat, so the more fat you have on your body, the more cellulite you have. If you need to lose weight, a simple calorie counting diet will help you do this.
- In addition to shedding pounds if you need to, you can also look into trying to eat more foods that will lessen your cellulite. Foods like wheat, dairy and sugar will add inflammation to your muscles and fat, and this can aggravate cellulite, so try to cut these foods out.
2. Drink more water
- Of course, drinking more water goes along with your diet, but it should actually be a separate thing entirely because it is so important.
- The reason that drinking more water is so important is that it reduces inflammation and helps to flush the body of salt. When you have a lot of salt in your body and are not drinking water, this adds more fat and bloating to your body, and you will see more cellulite as well.
- Your goal should be to drink at least 70 or 80 ounces of water each day. Remember, if you can, count some juices, milk and carbonated water for your water allotment each day.
3. Hit the gym
- In addition to eating better and adding more water to your diet, you also want to make sure that you’re getting enough exercise in. You will need to focus on both cardiovascular exercise and strength training exercise. Both of these types of exercise will be important for reducing cellulite.
- As for strength training, make sure you focus on the buttocks area and the thighs. Focus on the stomach if you would like to lose weight there or if you have cellulite there. Lunges, squats, push-ups and pull-ups will all help with strength training.
- Cardiovascular exercise will come in handy because you need it to lose fat. It will strip down the bundles of cellulite and reveal smooth and toned muscles. You need to lose the fat that is on top of the skin and that is causing the cellulite. To do this, start running, swimming, biking or playing a cardio oriented sport.
4. Use dry brushing
- Most people have not heard of dry brushing, but it is very popular in some Asian countries, and it is becoming more popular in the west as well. Dry brushing helps to stimulate the skin and the fat underneath so that the cellulite disappears and goes away for good.
- To start dry brushing, you will need to first purchase an actual dry brush. It can be purchased online or in some health stores or drug stores. The bristles are soft enough so that it does not activate your skin but rough enough so that it can do some good.
- You will need to start dry brushing every day, and the more you do it, the faster the cellulite will go away. You should dry brush in the morning and at night if you can. With that being said, don’t dry brush more than twice per day or it could aggravate the game. Move in circular smooth motions, and always orient your dry brush toward the heart. Focus on areas where you have a lot of cellulite.
5.Find creams that contain alpha hydroxy acid
- Alpha hydroxy acid is an ingredient that is found in many skincare serums, lotions and moisturizers. This is a very important ingredient because it helps to regenerate skin cells and stimulate fat cells so that they disperse and go away, leaving you with no more cellulite to have to worry about.
- Talk to your dermatologist about what cream or serum you would like to try, or you can also go to your local drugstore and check out the cellulite creams and serums there.
- If you do use alpha hydroxy acid, always make sure that you’re protecting your skin from the sun. This ingredient can cause an extra tendency for your skin to sunburn. Generally speaking, you should just use the alpha hydroxy acid cream or serum at night.
There are some more serious treatments for cellulite that you can look into as well, but this should only be an option if you’re serious about shelling out the money for these treatments. You can cost hundreds and thousands of dollars. Cellulite laser treatment is quite popular for people who have severe cellulite. This treatment involves going to a medical spa and working directly with a professional and experienced doctor who will administer at least two or three sessions of this laser treatment.
The laser treatment mentioned here can be very effective, but remember, if you only have moderate or light cellulite, just use the methods that are outlined in this article. Good luck getting rid of your cellulite!
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave your thoughts below. I look forward to the discussion.