Most of us know coffee because we drink it every morning for a pick me up, but coffee grounds can actually do wonders for your skin as well! In particular, coffee grounds can help with cellulite reduction. Cellulite is that nasty, dimply skin that often appears on the thighs, stomach and buttocks.
Most of us have some sort of experience with cellulite. It is a quite natural phenomenon for both men and women, but certainly more women than men experience cellulite even when they’re not particularly overweight. To get rid of cellulite, coffee scrub is wonderful because it contains the highest amount of caffeine. Here are several different leathers, moisturizers and scrubs that will help you get rid of your cellulite once and for all! All of them contain the key ingredient of coffee grounds and other natural ingredients that you can probably already find in your own home.
1. Olive Oil and Coffee Ground Scrub
This first coffee scrub is a classic, and it combines coffee grounds along with extra virgin olive oil. The caffeine in the coffee grounds excites the top most layers of your skin as well as the small amounts of fat that are actually creating the cellulite directly below your skin. This fact is called subcutaneous fat, and it creates dimples on the skin. Caffeine wakes this fat up and smooths it out. The added oil moisturizes the skin for an added smooth effect.
- Start by gathering your ingredients. You will need 3 to 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and a half of a cup of ground organic coffee.
- Mix these ingredients together in a resealable container. Get into the shower or bath and start the warm water running.
- Finally, take a handful of your coffee scrub and using your finger pads gently rub it into the areas of your body where you are experiencing the most cellulite. Do this for about 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse.
2. Coconut and Coffee Ground Cubes
The second coffee scrub includes coconut oil, which is solid at room temperature. You can make this is scrub into small cubes to keep in a dish in your bathroom for easy use. They also make great gifts for friends or loved ones who also suffer from cellulite.
- You only need two key ingredients for this recipe: coconut oil and coffee grounds. You can choose to use fresh coffee grounds or coffee grounds that have already been filtered through your coffee machine. You also need an empty ice cube tray.
- Before you start, briefly microwave the coconut oil that you have to soften into a slightly liquid form. In any large bowl or container, combine approximately half of a cup of coconut oil with one fourth of a cup of ground coffee. Mix together well.
- Now, pour your new mixture into an ice cube tray, filling each ice cube receptacle to the top. Put these kids into the freezer until they get hardened. There is no need to keep them in the freezer as the coconut oil will harden and stay hard as long as you keep the cubes at room temperature. You may choose to remove the cubes and put them in another container that you keep in your bathroom. Each time you want to exfoliate, simply rub one of the cubes on your cellulite.
Coffee Ground Scrubs
3. Sweet Smelling Coffee Ground and Sugar Scrub
Many people think that simple sugar scrubs are enough for getting rid of cellulite for exfoliating the skin, but if you actually combine sugar with coffee grounds, it’s like a double powerhouse.
- For this recipe, you will need three fourths of a cup of either extra virgin olive oil or virgin coconut oil. The choice is yours. You also need 2 cups of white sugar. You can substitute light or dark brown sugar if you would like as well. Then, you’ll need one cup of dried coffee grounds. For this recipe, do not use coffee grounds that have already been used in your coffee maker. Last but not least, get a small bottle of your favorite essential oil to add a nice scent to your coffee scrub. Consider lavender, mint or lemon.
- Next, mix all of these ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. If you need to add more extra virgin olive oil or virgin coconut oil to make the coffee scuff mark moist, you can do so. You will need approximately 3 to 4 drops of your essential oil. Do not use more or it will smell too strongly.
- Remove the new mixture from the large mixing bowl and put it into several small canning jars. These make great gifts, But you should keep one in your bathroom as well. Use the coffee scrub where ever you have cellulite on your body. Take care to massage this scrub gently into the skin for about 5 to 10 minutes. Do not massage too much but it may aggravates the skin. Always use a little bit of water with the scrub to help it move around your skin as well. Went off in the shower or bath. The coffee grounds will go down your drain, and the sugar and oil will dissolve.
Last but not least, remember that there are other things you can do to help with cellulite while you use these amazing coffee scrubs. Try to eat a clean diet with lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats. You should also be drinking at least 70 ounces of water each day. Doing all of this and using the key coffee scribes listed in this article on a regular basis will help to eliminate cellulite completely.
It is recommended that you use one of these coffee scrubs every four days if you suffer from chronic cellulite. Do not use them more than this and let me aggravate your skin too much. Good luck as you look forward to not having cellulite anymore!
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, or questions below.