Many men and women want to get thinner and more toned. This, of course, involved building muscle. Men especially want to build large muscles, and they often want to do it quickly for a big night out or an event where they want to look good.
The problem is that a lot of people think you need steroids or special supplements to get big. These pills, powders and drinks can be very dangerous for your body, and they often will cause you much more harm than good. If you want to get big muscles fast without the need for steroids or supplements, this article is just what you have been looking for. Read on to learn just what you need to do.
Why Do Some People Have More Muscles Than Others Naturally?
Before diving right into how you can start to get lean and mean with big muscles and awesome tone, let’s discuss why it is that some people seem to just naturally have more muscular bodies. First, no one has a naturally perfect body. If you are strong and fit, you work for it.
Next, there are different body types: ectomorphs, mesomorphs and endomorphs. Ectomorphs have trouble building muscle, but they are also usually skinny Mesomorphs build muscle easily and keep it on, and endomorphs tend to pack on fat easier than muscle.
1. Start Weight Training With Body Weight Then Free Weights
Working out with heavy weight and sweating a lot is the best natural way to build muscle. Implement a plan into your lifestyle. Workout 1 to 2 hours each day for 6 days a week, and you will see big improvements fast.
- You will need to start working out hard. If you haven’t lifted heavy before, start by using your body weight for exercise. Strength training body weight exercises include sit-ups, pull-ups and push-ups.
- Once you get better at using your body weight to build muscle, you can start adding more weight than just your own. Both free weights and machines offer great workouts for building muscle fast. Free weights come in all different weights, so you can choose what feels right for you. Weight machines work different areas of the body, and you can choose the weight loads there as well.
- Remember to work different muscle groups on different days. You will want to work your legs and buttocks on 3 days a week and your upper and lower arms and abs the other 3 days per week. This is vital because it allows rest days when muscles can build, and it also hampers the chances of getting injured.
2. Bulk Up on Protein to Build Muscle Mass Fast
Protein will help grow your muscles, so you’ll need a lot in your diet from now on.
- You can get protein from all sorts of natural foods. Eat lots of lean proteins like turkey and chicken breast, salmon, tilapia and other seafoods. You can eat beef and pork occasionally, but limit these foods. Protein can also be found in beans, eggs and nuts.
3. Stop Eating Carbs and Sugars
While you are in this critical period of trying to build more muscle, you will need to do everything you can shed fat so that you can show those often hidden muscles off.
- Cut out carbs and sugars. There are a lot of alternatives. You can use lettuce instead of tortillas and wraps for bread. You can spiral zucchini instead of having pasta, and you can choose soup and stir fry over burgers and fried foods.
- Sugars should also be cut out as these convert to carbs in the body and will make you fat. Choose fruits and nuts instead of candies and cakes.
4. Drink Plenty of Water and Get Plenty of Rest
Remember, you can’t be working out all the time. You need to rest. When you lift weights or use your body weight to build muscle and get lean, what you are actually doing is stressing out your muscles so much that they rip and tear. It is during the aftermath when you are not lifting and when you are resting that you actually build muscles while they repair themselves. This makes resting and taking care of your body essential.
- You will need one rest day per week. On this day, you can do some light stretching or yoga, or you can go for a walk, but whatever you do, do not life, and do not do intensive cardio. Your body has been working hard all week because you want to get muscles built fast, so you need this time to rest for the next week. Not resting on one day every week could cause you to burn out or give you an injury, and then you will be out for good for at least a few weeks. Don’t do this to yourself.
- You should be getting at least 8 to 10 hours of sleep each night. Workouts are a great start to the day, so if you can fit it into your schedule, try to go to bed early and wake up early.
- Drinking water helps to replenish your body of the sweat that you’ve lost in your workouts. Take the time to choose water over soda pop, coffee or juice every day. Also make sure you get at least 64 ounces of it per day. You can even drink carbonated water if you like it better. Your body will thank you for it.
Finally, remember that there is no such thing as a naturally perfect body. If you see someone who looks muscular with little body fat, they are doing something to make themselves look that way. Hopefully, they are not taking supplements or steroids, and if they aren’t, then they are doing exactly what is outlined in this article, so if you want to look like them, you should do these things too. It’s going to take some hard work, but you can be up to the challenge, and when you are, you will see the amazing benefits and payoffs.
Have questions or comments? Let me know what you think below!