For serious hair loss, it may seem like you don’t have any options for helping these bald areas to grow hair naturally, but there are actually a lot of options available to you. In this article, we will go over the many ways in which you can learn how to get rid of bald spots on your head by yourself.
Change Your Hair Care Habits
How are you take care of your hair will definitely affect how well it grows and how many bald spots you experience. Keep in mind that bald spots may have occurred because of hereditary reasons, so whether you have bald spots or not may not be your choice. With that being said, you can still learn how to take care of your hair by doing the following things on a regular basis.
- Use a comb on your hair only when it is wet.
- If drying your hair with a blow dryer, always use a heat protectant spray or gel first to avoid heat damage.
- Once your hair is dry, use a brush, but never use a brush on your hair when it is wet because it could snag it and cause knots and breakage.
- Wash your hair with a good shampoo at least once every other day, and use a deep conditioner on it at least 2 to 3 times per week.
- For women, when using rubber bands in your hair, try to get larger bands to avoid breakage and snapping of the hair strands, and never pull too hard.
Herbs and spices has long been used for treating medical ailments such as hair loss, so using the following herbs may help you to regain hair on the bald spots of your head.
1. Try Bhringaraj
The herb called Bhringaraj is used often when it comes to hair oils that focus on hair loss. This herb has also been used for early graying of the hair. Read on to learn how to use it for hair loss:
- Gather together some coconut oil, Bhringaraj and fenugreek seeds.
- Mush the Bhringaraj leaves around in your hands to crush them while you turn on the coconut oil to boil in a pan on the stove.
- Put the fenugreek seeds and the crushed leaves of Bhringaraj into the oil after it has started to boil.
- Allow the entire mixture to boil on the stove for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to sit overnight.
- Filter out the large chunks of leaves and seeds in the morning and massage this mixture into your scalp once every day.
2. Indian Gooseberry
Indian Gooseberry originated in India, and there, it is also called Amla. This rich source of vitamin C also contains a lot of iron. It was used long ago in ancient time to help get rid of bald spots on the head and stop hair loss is well. To use Indian Gooseberry, follow these steps:
- Gather together coconut oil and dried Indian Gooseberry leaves or dried Amla
- Start by bringing the coconut oil to a boil
- When the coconut oil is boiling, add the dried Indian Gooseberry in and allow them to cook and oil until they turn dark.
- Turn off the stove, remove from heat and let the oil cool down.
- Take out the pieces of Indian Gooseberry leaves by filtering the oil mixture through a small strainer, then use the oil on your scalp as a massage oil. Use it three to five times per week.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is actually a gel that comes from a plant. The medicine that comes from aloe vera was often used widely in Egypt and other Middle Eastern countries, and it has since spread to western countries like United States and those in Europe. Many people have aloe vera plants in their homes to treat skin conditions like burns, cuts and other wounds, but many people do not know that aloe vera can actually help with scalp conditions as well. Here is how to use it:
- Start by mixture together 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel with 2 tsp basil powder, 2 tsp castor oil and 2 tsp fenugreek seed powder.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and leave it on for an entire day.
- Rinse off the mixture and wash your hair with a light shampoo.
Essential Oil Remedies May Work
Essential oil remedies may also help with hair regrowth on the head. Generally speaking, the way that these ingredients help reverse hair loss is by activating small blood vessels on the head where almost all of your hair follicles are. The top essential oils that you should consider include the following:
- Cedrus atlantica or Cedarwood Atlas
- Thymus vulgaris or Thyme White
- Rosmarinus officinalis or Rosemary
- Lavandula angustifolia or Lavender
Use a Quality Hair Growth Shampoo
Finally, consider getting a quality hair growth shampoo to deal with bald spots on the head. There are a number of great hair growth shampoos and conditioners on the market that you can choose from. Each of these shampoos usually contains essential ingredients for helping to regrow hair over time.
You are simply supposed to followed the directions on the box, which usually entails washing your hair with the shampoo once or twice per day. You can also ask your doctor about prescription hair shampoos, conditions are treatments for hair loss.
Hair Loss Can Happen to Anyone
Remember not to be embarrassed by your hair loss. This can happen to anyone, and it is a quite common occurrence for many men especially who have hereditary hair loss and their families. Follow the directions listed above for getting rid of bald spots on your head, and you will be all set moving forward for having a nice head of lush hair.
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave your thoughts below. I look forward to the discussion.