Melanocytes are cells on your skin that appear darker than usual. You may have seen these cells on your legs as dark spots, and they may have caused you to feel self conscious.
These cells generally appear because of prolonged exposure to the sun, however, genetics, smoking, aging, stress and pregnancy can also impact whether or not you get dark spots on your legs.
Fortunately, there are ways to lighten and even get rid of these dark spots. Just use a few natural and simple home remedies.
It may be surprising, but onion juice actually has natural ingredients that help to get rid of the top layers of your skin that contain the dark spots.
It makes sense. Onions are all about layers—that’s why they have so many! They are good at rebuilding layers and replacing the old ones. Here’s how to use onion juice to get rid of dark spots.
- Gather your ingredients. You will need 1 tablespoon of onion juice and 1 and a half tablespoons of honey. You also need a mixing bowl and mixing utensil.
- Mix your ingredients together. You can also add garlic juice or pressed garlic if you want to help this concoction work even better.
- Apply the mixture to the dark spots on your legs and leave it there for 15 minutes. Afterword, wash off thoroughly so that you don’t have a strong smell of onions and garlic on your legs.
In places of the world where Papaya grows naturally, the natives have been using this fruit to combat skin disorders like acne, age spots and even blemishes for centures. You can use it too for great results, and here’s how.
Remember, because some people are allergic to papaya, you should always do a patch test first.
- Gather your ingredients. You will need a grater, a bowl and a ripe papaya.
- Grate and mash the papaya so that you have a nice mushy consistency to work with.
- Apply your mashed papaya to the brown spots on your skin. Leave the mixture on your skin for approximately 15 minutes before washing off completely with water. Do this twice every day for a week, and you will be sure to notice a difference.
Finally, remember that because this is a natural process you may not be able to get rid of the spots in only one day. But over time, you will definitely notice positive results by using the methods above.