Freckles can be very cute and becoming on the face and the rest of the body, but some people find them annoying. They want to have smooth and clear skin that does not show freckles. This is completely normal.
If you are someone who is looking to get rid of freckles on the face and body, this is the right article for you. Here, you will be able to learn at-home routines and techniques that you can use to get rid of freckles fast and permanently.
Why Do Freckles Occur on the Face?
Freckles are a completely normal part of the nature of skin. Some people are predisposed to have freckles on their face and body all year round, while others only get freckles when the sun comes out or after a certain age. Some people have freckles when they are children but not when they are adults as well.
Usually, if your parents have freckles, you will also have freckles. Although this is not 100% true, and sometimes parents have children without freckles. Keep in mind that the best way to get rid of freckles that are not a part of your natural skin is to prevent them from happening in the first place. But we will learn how to get rid of freckles that have already occurred here.
1. Try Lightening Creams
Lightening creams are sold online and in some drug stores. There are a variety of kinds to choose from. Read online reviews to find one that might work for you. There are natural and chemical-based creams.
- Lightening creams use bleaching agents to get rid of freckles fast and permanently. Keep in mind that you will need to be very consistent with these creams if you want to see real results.
- Start by purchasing the lightening cream of your choice. Before applying, always make sure that your skin is clear and clean. The lightening cream must go directly on the skin and not over top of any lotion or makeup.
- Apply the lightening the cream liberally to the areas where you get freckles on your face and body. Make sure that you do this consistently or it won’t work. Follow the directions on the package. Many creams will have you apply them 2 or 3 times a day for the best effectiveness.
2. Use a Natural Method to Lighten and Get Rid of Freckles
You can use natural remedies for getting rid of freckles as well. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent whose acids can wear away the freckles on your face and replenish your skin’s natural, clear vibrance.
- You will need some natural raw honey and some lemon juice along with a bowl, a juicer and a small spoon.
- Every day for at least 1 to 2 weeks you will need to juice a lemon in a bowl and add 1 to 2 teaspoons of natural raw honey. Mix these ingredients together.
- Apply this mixture to the face or anywhere on the body where you have freckles that you want removed. Allow the mixture to stay for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water and patting dry with a clean towel.
3. Make Lifestyle Changes to Get Rid of Freckles
There are also some lifestyle changes that you can make to get rid of those freckles quickly and for good. These changes are easy to make and don’t disrupt your life very much, but they will help you and your skin a great deal.
- First, you should stay out of the sun as much as possible because the sun causes freckles to appear or multiply.
- If you have to go into the sun, make sure you are wearing sunscreen. If you are someone who forgets to put on sunscreen, you can buy a moisturizer that has an SPF included in it so that you have it on everyday. Women can also purchase foundations with an SPF in them.
- Finally, make sure to wear a large hat and protective clothing when you go into the sun. Don’t forget that the sun is not just a summer occurrence. You can have an impact from the sun even when it is cold out in the winter and even when it is overcast.
4. Try Makeup to Cover Up Your Freckles
When you are still working on the methods above to get rid of the freckles on your face and body but you want to go somewhere to an event or out without showing your freckles, there are still things you can do. You can learn how to reduce and cover up your freckles for a fresh look by just using some makeup. This can really work wonders for your skin.
- Start with a good foundation of makeup primer. This goes on before your concealer and before your actual makeup foundation. Put on the primer, then the concealer to cover up the majority of the freckles.
- Use a makeup brush that is especially for blemishes and deep scars to cover up your freckles. Cover them up with the concealer, then dust them with a loose powder.
- Over top of the concealer makeup and loose powder, you can add your foundation. Your concealer should have been a shade lighter than your natural skin color, but your foundation should actually be the exact color of your skin if you can get it to match that well.
5. See a Dermatologist for Laser Therapy
Finally, you might be able to get the job of removing your freckles done completely if you see a dermatologist. Dermatologists are doctors of the skin, so they will be able to perform laser therapy or electric therapy to get rid of those pesky freckles. Only use this method of removal as a last resort, however, because most of the time, the above remedies will be able to do the trick, and they will be much less expensive and take less time and energy. There are also less worries associated with the other methods of freckle removal.
If you have any questions or thoughts, please feel free to comment below. I look forward to hearing from you.