Many people have scars on their legs that they would like to get rid of. Scars on your legs can make you feel uncomfortable about going to the beach, wearing shorts or skirts or showing off your legs otherwise. That’s no problem, though, because this article will help you to get rid of unsightly scars on your legs.
Remember that scars on the legs are a completely normal occurrence. It’s not unnatural to have scars on your legs because women shave, both men and women play sports and are active, and life happens! Cuts, bruises, and other abrasions can occur, and these will cause scars. But when you have scars, you’ll want to get rid of them! Learn how with this article.
1. Home Remedies From Your Kitchen for Treating Scars on the Legs
When you start trying to treat scars, keep in mind that you will need to use some chemicals if you want to get rid of them. That’s not too bad if you you don’t mind medical procedures that involve some unknown chemicals. But if you like home remedies, you might be more inclined to try natural ingredients over synthetic ingredients.
- Coconut oil is an excellent product for taking care of scars on the legs. Coconut oil purchased at a health food store is completely 100% pure, and you can massage it into your scars every day or up to three times a day. Do this for 2 weeks to notice the great results, and continue using it to see the scars disappear completely.
- You can also try to use a home made mask that is made of only the most natural ingredients to get rid of scars on the legs. Make sure that you do this in the bathroom because you will have to have all of your legs exposed. The natural mask will include honey, avocado and olive oil. It will be very moisturizing and soothing. Combine 1/2 of an avocado, 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a small bowl. Apply the mixture to clean skin and leave it on for approximately 20 minutes before washing off in the shower and patting dry.
- Cucumbers are wonderful for getting rid of scars and discolorations on the skin. Many people put cucumbers on their eyes when they have dark rings under them. This is because dark rings under the eyes as well as scars often need more moisture to get well again, and cucumbers have a ton of moisture in them—a lot of water in general. You can take care of scars on the legs by using that same moisture in cucumbers. You will want to make a cucumber paste by putting large or small chunks of cucumbers into a food processor or blender. Apply the paste to your scars once per day for at least two weeks. Leave the paste on for about 20 minutes at a time.
2. You Can Also Try Drug Store Products for Your Scars
There are some drug store projects that will help your scars as well. These are often natural based, but they can be easily and cheaply purchased online or at the drug store. Use these according to the directions that the bottles and packages say.
- Cocoa butter is a great natural product that is sold in most drug stores. Sometimes, cocoa butter will include other ingredients, but a straight cocoa butter will work as well. It will be very moisturizing and will help to take care of your scars. Apply this product one to three times per day for at least 2 weeks to notice a great difference!
- Vitamin E oil can also help scars on the legs. Many men and women use vitamin E oil to work on stretch marks or scars on the skin. You can rub vitamin E oil into your skin with your fingertips or you can use vitamin E oil wipes or creams.
- Drug stores also have silicone based scar sheets that can be used. These sheets will stick naturally to your skin so that you can wear them under your clothing and even when you go to work. Usually, you will wear these silicone sheets on your skin for about 10 to 12 hours a day, and they will take care of your scars after about 2 to 3 months of wear. You might even get rid of scars in a few weeks.
3. Go to Medical Professionals About Getting Rid of Scars on the Legs
Last but not least, don’t forget that you can also talk to a doctor about scars on your legs. It might be a little more expensive to go to medical professionals for leg scars, but it will all come out in the wash because their help will seriously get rid of your scars. Microdermabrasion, laser treatments or chemical peels will help to get rid of scars, and only professionals can do this.
- First, dermabrasion or microdermabrasion is a procedure that actually take the top most layers of the skin off and these are often the layers of the skin that have the scars imbedded into them. A dermatologist will be able to take these top layers off via this procedure. Remember, it might be a little expensive.
- Next, try laser treatments to take care of scars on the legs. These can be carried out by a dermatologist as well. Laser treatments can often treat deeper scars that may have been caused by severe injuries or broken bones. Keep in mind that you must go to a reputable clinic to get these procedures done because they can be very dangerous if done incorrectly.
- Lastly, you could talk to a doctor or dermatologist about a chemical peel. When you get a chemical peel, the same basic thing is going on as microdermabrasion. This process is slightly more painful with a chemical peel, but both of the procedures will help to get rid of scars. The chemical peel might be a little less expensive, however.
Keep in mind that there are different types of scars. Some scars—like those from shaving or small scrapes or cuts—will go away in a short amount of time. When you have larger scars that create deep cuts or anything else will tend to stick around longer.
Have questions or comments? Let me know what you think below!