Varicose veins cause many problems for people. Not only can they cause serious pain in the legs, they are unsightly to look at.
Many people who have varicose veins on their thighs and legs don’t even like to wear shorts or skirts because they are embarrassed.
Most of the sources on varicose veins will tell you that you’ll have to get them surgically removed, but that’s not necessarily true. There are a few things you can do at home to naturally get rid of varicose veins on your own.
Here are the top 3 ways to get rid of varicose veins on your own and without surgery.
Wear the right shoes and socks
1. You’ll need the right shoes to start off with. Get rid of your heels, even the mid height heels. You’ll want low heels or completely flat shoes. Make sure they are comfortable
2. Compression stockings are one of the best tools for getting rid of varicose veins. These stockings literally push your veins back toward in the inner parts of your legs with overall compression all day long. Buy a pair at the pharmacy or online.
1. You’ll need to allow your blood to circulate better. This means not cutting off blood flow with restrictive undergarments, pants or belts.
Choose loose fitting clothing and avoid elastic bands on the waists of your pants, shorts, shirts, dresses or underpants.
2. Improving circulation also means amping up your heart health. You want to give your heart the ability to pump blood freely to all your extremities. You can do this by changing your diet.
Focus on fruits, veggies and lean meats. Get rid of foods with high animal fat content. These include red meats, eggs and fatty milk and yogurt.
1. Sports that have high impact can make your varicose veins worse. These sports include tennis, football, boxing and running. Do sports that are easy on your legs and joints like biking, swimming and walking. Tai chi can also help.
2. Get sports massages as well to help improve the circulation in your legs. You can get these at your local gym, or you can do them yourself. Every morning, massage your legs lightly. If the sensation does not cause you pain, make your massaging a little more intense.
This helps to get blood flowing and reduce the swelling that causes varicose veins to show up in the first place.