Getting a tan is a great way to show off your body and look great. Time and again, it has been shown that people who have tanner, darker skin are more attractive than people who have light colored skin.
Tanning can be a little dangerous though. It’s important not to get a sunburn when you are trying to get a tan. This could cause serious skin damage and could give you wrinkles when you’re older.
Luckily, with a few tips and tricks, you can get a tan fast and you won’t even burn.
Here are the top 3 ways to get a tan fast without burning.
Go outside at the right time
1. If you don’t want to get a sunburn, you’ll need to go out tanning during “off hours.” This means not between noon and 2pm. The sun is hottest at these times, so you might burn too easily.
2. Go out when the sun is out but not at its peak. Try 11am – noon or 2pm – 3pm. Don’t go out for more than 1 hour at a time every 24 hours. Do this for 5 or 6 days, and you will have a nice tan.
Take it slow but be consistent
1. To get a suntan without burning, it’s necessary that you go outside for short periods of time over several days.
2. Flip at regular intervals. You’ll want to be laying out in your bikini or something else that doesn’t cover much of your skin. That way you’ll get the most UV rays and tan on the greatest part of your body.
Make sure you set a timer to flip over from your front to your back or vice versa every 15 or 20 minutes.
3. Use lotion and don’t get tan lines
1. You won’t want to use a sunblock, but you will want to use a tanning lotion that is a sunscreen. This lotion blocks the most harmful rays from the sun, but it doesn’t block all the rays, so you are still able to get some color.
2. Finally, remember that anything on your body (clothes, sunglasses, necklaces, rings) will make a tan line. Don’t wear your shades if you don’t want big white circles around your eyes, and don’t wear your bathing suit straps if you don’t want halter top or bra strap shaped lines on your skin.
Remember to take off jewelry and watches as well. Finally, Lay perfectly flat, and don’t bend your arms or legs, or you’ll have tan lines at the creases.