Basically everyone wants to have young looking skin. Some people are young, so they naturally have skin that looks and feels youthful. But as we age, our skin changes, and those changes are often not very kind.
If you are someone who wants to know how you can have younger looking skin fast—in even 10 days—this article is exactly what you need. Here, you will find everything you need to know about turning back the hands of time so that your face looks younger and more radiant than ever. Read on to find out more!
Is It Possible to Get Younger Looking Skin in as Soon as 10 Days?
Yes, it is possible. Many people avoid taking care of their skin, or they think that washing it clean every once in a while is good enough. The truth is that your skin demands a lot of care. You need to clean it at least twice per day, and you also need to give it extra care via exfoliation, moisture, sun protection and weekly masks. You’ll find out more about this below.
1. Accept the Natural Changes of the Skin
As we get older, our skin naturally starts to lose collagen and elastin. These two ingredients are vital for that youthful, smooth, soft and supple skin that we all desire. When you don’t have as much of these two ingredients, the skin starts to sage and form fine lines and wrinkles. There are other things that can cause the age process to speed up as well.
- Smoking is one known way that skin prematurely ages. This is because the smoke sucks out the oxygen that is prevalent in the topmost layers of skin, and it almost literally deflates.
- In addition, excess exposure to the sun will definitely cause the aging process to speed up. The harmful UV rays of the sun will penetrate your skin and cause damage to the outermost layers. Even one severe sunburn can cause obvious amounts of damage in the future.
2. Exfoliation Can Give You Younger Looking Skin in Just Moments
One of the best ways to take years off your skin is to exfoliate. You should do this every other day in the warm months and once per week in the cold months.
- You can start exfoliating your skin by purchasing an exfoliating facial cleanser. These are sold in drugstores and online. Find one that has microbeads in it.
- Using your fingertips, gently massage the beads and cleanser into your skin with a little bit of warm water.
- Massage the skin for up to a minute before rinsing with cold water to close the pores up.
- Pat dry with a clean towel. Never rub your face with a towel because this can aggravate the skin.
3. Develop a New Skincare Regimen for Younger Looking Skin
Now that you know a little bit more about what it takes to keep your skin looking young, you need to put things into motion with a skincare regimen that you can follow for the next 10 days and all the days after that.
- Start with a facial cleanser. Choose a gentle cleanser for most days, and remember to use an exfoliating cleanser every other day in the warm months and once per week in the cold months.
- Pat your skin dry after you’re done cleansing and apply a light moisturizer. You’ll need a separate eye moisturizer for around the eye areas.
- Allow these creams to completely dry before applying any makeup that you wish. Do this every morning and every night.
4. Try a Natural Remedy Facial Mask to See an Immediate Change
Each week, you should also incorporate a natural remedy facial mask into your skincare routine. This replenishes essential oils, adds moisture to the skin and also restores its natural brilliance.
- You will need 1/2 mushed avocado, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp honey and a squirt of lemon juice.
- Mix everything together in a small bowl and apply the mixture to your face.
- Wait for 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water and washing the face gently. Pat dry with a towel.
5. Get More Sleep for Younger Looking Skin
Many people think that sleep only helps you with your energy levels, but it is actually responsible for much more. Getting adequate sleep each night can help you lose weight, be happier, avoid illness and disease and look younger! What did you think those bags under your eyes were from? Get more sleep to look and feel younger.
6. There Are Bonus Things You Do to Keep Skin Looking Younger As Well
Finally, there are a few preventative measure that you can take to keep your skin looking young and vibrant once you get it just the way you want it.
- For starters, don’t smoke, and if you already smoke, quit as soon as possible. As stated, smoke can increase the likelihood that you will form fine lines and wrinkles prematurely.
- Second, stay out of the sun as much as possible. This isn’t to say that you can’t go outside, but when you do always wear sunscreen. This is vital. The sun’s harmful UV rays can cause serious problems with your skin, so you need to protect it—even in the winter! Wearing hats and long sleeves and pants can help with this too.
Remember, you are not going to change your face into the face of a 20 year old if you are in your 40s or 50s, and that should be okay! It is possible to look your age but also have youthful looking skin. Actresses like Meryl Streep and Helen Mirren look absolutely stunning all of the time, but they are aged women. This is because they use the advice like that found in this article to care for your skin and look younger.
We don’t think about women like this as old and raggedy. We think about them as youthful and full of life, energy and beauty. This could be you as well if you follow the advice found here. Good luck!
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, or questions below.