No matter what age you currently are, you want to stay looking as young as possible. People with young looking faces have taught and smooth skin, even lips, nice skin tone and bright eyes. They don’t have to worry about fine lines and wrinkles showing up around the mouth and chin, and sun spots don’t worry them at all. You can have this skin too. Your skin can be young and healthy. All you have to do is abide by the following advice.
1. Create a Set Skin Care Regimen
You’ll need to spend a lot of time taking care of your skin if you want it to look young and healthy. The best way to accomplish this is to have a set skin care regimen that you follow every day and every night.
- Make sure that you never skip this regimen. It may be tempting to fall asleep with your makeup on after a long night, for example, but resist this urge. To have young and healthy looking skin, you need to let your skin breathe while you sleep. This means open pores, and that’s not possible when you have makeup on 24/7.
- In addition, don’t skip on your moisturizer, and never continue to use any facial product that leaves your skin with breakouts or rashes. These are allergic reactions.
2. Cleanse Morning and Night
First thing’s first. As a part of your skin care regimen, you need to moisturize your skin day and night. This is an easy step, but you need to make sure that you’re doing it right.
- In the morning after you wake up, splash some warm water on your face. This opens the pores. Then, put a dime-sized amount of a mild facial cleanser in your palms, and suds it up with warm water. Using your finger tips, gently massage the facial cleanser into your skin.
- Take care to avoid the delicate skin around the eyes. That does not need to be washed on a regular basis. Instead, you can just remove the makeup there with a makeup remover pad when you’re wearing it.
- Once you’re done cleaning your face, rinse with cool water. The cool water will help to close the pores and not let any dirt, sweat or water in.
- Finally, pat your face dry with a clean towel. Never rub the towel on your face as this will agitate your skin. Follow this procedure every morning when you wake up and every night.
3. Moisturize Morning and Night
Moisturizing your skin will be one of the most important things that you do to take care of its healthiness. The best way to moisturize is with a facial moisturizer. Purchase one that is non comedogenic. This means that it won’t clog pores. Don’t worry if it’s not fancy or expensive. You can find a great, non comedogenic facial moisturizer at your local drug store.
4. Take Care of Skin Conditions
There are many skin conditions out there that you may have to deal with. Try to handle them naturally so that you can avoid the use of toxic products.
- If you have acne, try an egg white mask once a week to help dry out the pustules and blackheads and get rid of the condition.
Wrinkles are another big problem for many people. If you suffer from wrinkles anywhere on the face, there are tons of natural remedies that you can use to take care of them.
- A great mask for wrinkles around the mouth contains 2 parts honey, 1 park egg white and 1 park avocado. Mix all of these natural ingredients in a bowl and apply the mask to clean and dry skin. You’ll only have to leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing clean and drying with a clean towel. Do this once per week.
Finally, many people have eczema or flaky and dry skin.
- For flaky and dry skin, try an oatmeal and milk mask once per week, and when your skin is super flaky and dry, try a few drops of jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is an amazing natural oil that won’t clog your pores but offers the best moisturizing benefits of any natural oil. Simply mix a few drops of this oil into your usual moisturizer and apply it together when you moisturize.
5. Examine Your Smoking Habits and Quit if Necessary
Smokers tend to have the wrinkliest skin of all. This is because the smoke that enters smokers’ bodies sucks all of the oxygen out of the skin cells. This literally deflates them and causes smokers’ skin to look thin, pale and wrinkly. If you want to have young looking skin, stay away from smoking at all costs.
6. Stay out of the sun
Last but not least, stay out of the sun as much as possible. The sun will be the enemy of young and beautiful skin. The ultraviolet rays from the sun are harmful to your skin cells. Research has proven that those who don’t wear sunscreen and spend hours and hours of their time in the sun tanning or in tanning beds will get wrinkly skin at a premature age. This is a shame because tanned skin tends to be more appealing to a lot of people.
But the truth remains that the sun is no good. To help keep your skin out of the way of these harmful rays, there are a few things you can do.
- First, wear large brimmed hats and long sleeves and long pants when you can to cover the skin.
- Always wear sunscreen when you go outside. This is true even in the winter because the sun can shine almost just as brightly during this time of the year.
- Finally, to help you remember to wear sunscreen every day (especially on your face), purchase a moisturizer or makeup foundation that has an SPF built in.
Use all of these great tips and tricks, and you will be sure to have the best looking young and healthy skin around!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this article., As always, feel free to ask any questions or give your input as you see fit.