Pregnancy is a beautiful phase of any woman’s life. But there are certainly some things that can be troublesome about the changes your body will go through. You will be growing in size, and this means stretch marks could appear.
Many women fear getting stretch marks, but luckily there are some things you can do to prevent them. First, make sure to drink half of your weight in ounces of water every day.
The added body water will help to keep your skin moisturized, soft and supple so that it can stretch easier. You can also take the following steps to prevent these marks from forming.
Gain Weight at a Slow Pace
The reason that anyone gets stretch marks in the first place is that they gain weight to fast. Here’s how to avoid that.
- Talk to your doctor about your recommended caloric intake for each day. This will be different than usual because your pregnant.
- Follow this recommended caloric intake by keeping a calorie diary and recording everything you eat. Do not go under or over your goal calories for each day. Increase them only in accordance with your doctor.
- Focus on eating fruits, veggies, lean proteins and whole grains.
Use Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is a thick vegetable fat that comes from cocoa liquor or whole beans of the cocoa plant.
Because it is so fatty, it is extremely moisturizing, and it helps to renovate the affected area and renew its youthfulness.
- Apply cocoa butter to your hips, thighs, stomach and breasts once every morning and once every night. Do not rinse off.
- If you tend to gain weight elsewhere, you might want to rub the cocoa butter on your calves and your upper arms as well. To cover everything, use cocoa butter on your entire body twice every day.
Remember, almost all women who have had children have stretch marks somewhere. Generally speaking, it’s more about whether or not they have extreme amounts of stretch marks or only a few.
If your goal is to have no stretch marks once you have your child and you use the methods above and only end up with a few marks here and there, you are one lucky woman.
It’s not easy to avoid them altogether. So make sure to drink plenty of water, gain weight at a slow pace during your pregnancy and use cocoa butter and other moisturizing agents to stave off stretch marks. You can do it!