Many men suffer from hairy backs. It’s a common problem that can make men feel embarrassed and insecure. Fortunately, there are a lot of ways to take care of this problem. Hairy backs don’t have to keep you from enjoying the beach or going shirtless in front of your friends or a significant other. With the advice found in the following article, you can learn to effectively and easily shave your back.
Why Do Some Men Get More Hair on Their Backs Than Others?
Just like any physical trait, sometimes more men are affected than others. Some men get more hair on their backs, and this is usually due to genes and heredity. For example, some men have harrier fathers and grandfathers.
This usually causes them to have harrier descendants. It could be a fluke of the genes, or it could be the result of being part of a specific ethnic group. For whatever the reason, you can rest assured that there are ways to take care of the issue.
1. Start By Preparing Your Back for Shaving
It’s important to prep your back the right way. You’ll want to make sure that you have all of the appropriate tools before you begin. In addition, you need to make sure you have ample time to get the job done right, and you might even ask a buddy to help you with the process.
- You’ll want to start by clipping the hair on your back. If it is very thick and curly, clipping it first with scissors will help to eliminate the work you’ll have to do when shaving. For example, you won’t need to clean your razor quite as often if you’ve clipped your back hair first. If you don’t have a friend to help you with shaving your back, you might need to skip this step, and that is okay.
- Next, rinse off and wash your back. You’ll want to do this because it is easier to shave a wet area of your body than to shave a dry area of hair. Leave the hair on your back relatively wet when you go to shave there.
- Finally, get your supplies ready. You will need a bottle of shaving cream and a razor. If you do not have a friend to help you, you’ll need a razor with a back extender attached to it so that you can reach behind you and shave.
2. Know the Right Ways to Shave Your Back Effectively
The following list of items will offer you key advice for when you actually get to the point of shaving your back the right way.
- If your friend is with you, have them slowly and carefully shave your back from the top down, going in the opposite direction of the hair growth. You will want to have them rinse off the razor after every swipe to clean the blades of built up hair.
- If you need to do the process yourself, you will need to use a razor with an extension on it. Use this to reach behind you and shave your back, and don’t forget to clean the blades after every one or two swipes as well. Never move the razor from side to side or you could cute yourself. Always go carefully up and down along the contours of your skin.
3. Take Care of Your Back the Right Way After You Shave
When you are done with the actual process of shaving, there is actually still more that needs to be done. You’ll need to make sure that you take care of your hair and your skin, so follow these after-care steps.
- When you are finished shaving your back, rinse off in the shower to get the rest of the hairs off. You will want to make sure you don’t rinse off too many hairs or this could clog your drains.
- Next, rub lotion in your skin to help calm it down after the razor. You can have a friend do this for you, or you can do it yourself by using a towel that has lotion on it. Hold each end of the towel behind you and rub it back and forth over your back.
- Remember that you should be shaving your back at regular intervals. Try to get a good shave of the back in every 3 to 6 days depending on your natural amount of hair growth. Some people will like to shave even more often than this if they like to have smoother, less harry skin on their backs.
4. Try Other Methods of Getting Rid of Back Hair
There are other ways that you can effectively manage your back hair too. You do not have to just shave your back. Instead of shaving—and especially if you have trouble shaving—try the following alternative methods.
- If you don’t want to shave your back, you can always get it waxed at a salon. Waxing your back yourself will be too hard, but a professional will be able to do this for you.
- You can also try to use a cream hair remover. These cream hair removers can be bought at your local drug store or online at special retailers. You apply the cream yourself using a towel or have a friend apply it, set a timer for the appropriate amount of time and then rinse the cream hair remover off along with your hair.
- Lastly, some salons and dermatologists can offer laser hair removal or electrolysis to remove your hair. This has to be done by a professional, and it make take several sessions to be fully effective. Keep in mind, however, that this will get rid of hair on the back forever.
Remember, you don’t have to live with pesky back hair that makes you uncomfortable and embarrassed. There are easy and effective ways to get rid of this hair that will leave you feeling much better about yourself. Follow the advice in this article, and you will be on your way to a smooth back and a better piece of mind.
Overall, I hope you enjoy this article, and as always, I look forward to hearing your thoughts below.