It doesn’t matter what age you are. Hair loss is actually quite common in women, and many women suffer from it. Both young and older females can have hair thinning and loss. Fortunately, if you suffer from female hair loss, there are things you can do to treat it. Read on to learn the steps for taking care of this annoying and embarrassing issue.
1. Understand Why You Suffer From Hair Loss
First of all, whatever the reason that hair loss is happening, there’s definitely nothing to be ashamed of. It is actually a normal phenomenon. There are several reasons why a women might suffer from hair loss.
- First, many women who are pregnant experience hair loss, but this issue usually rights itself right before the birth of the child or right after
- Hereditary issues may play a part in hair loss as well. There are some genes that women carry that can cause hair loss. These issues tend to cause permanent hair loss.
- Finally, meditations could be the culprit. If you are on specific medications for illnesses such as cancer or kidney disease, hair loss could be a symptom. Similarly, there are some haircare and skincare products that could cause irritation and consequential hair loss. Even some hairstyles can cause hair to fall out.
2. Natural Home Remedies
- Henna: Henna is a great product for the scalp. It soothes the skin, promotes hair growth and helps to give hair a shiny appearance. It also reduces hair fall out so you can keep the hairs you already have.
- Cassia Auriculata: This medicinal herb can be made into a tonic and rubbed on the scalp. It helps to increase blood flow there, and this can increase growth and prevent the fallout of hair.
- Neem: This herb is high in fatty acids, which helps to grow and maintain thick, shiny, healthy hair.
- Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis: This is a rose that can help to stimulate hair growth. It has also been used for hundreds of years in China to treat scalp disorders and fix pre-mature graying.
- Curry Leaves: Curry leaves are often used in Indian cuisine, but they are also great medicine for hair. The leaves of the curry plant strengthen the hair follicles, and the curry also acts as a anti-oxidant. This is an ultra natural way to promote new hair growth.
Read more to learn more about home remedies.
3. Try Women’s Rogaine for Treatment
You can purchase over the counter Rogaine to help with your hair loss. This product can be found at your drugstore or online. It is fairly simple to use and could bring your hair back.
- Start by cleansing your hair with a non comedogenic shampoo. Do not use a conditioner when you are applying Rogaine. Towel dry the hair gently after you wash.
- Next, apply the Rogaine directly the scalp with the 1 milliliter dropper. You will need to use your fingers to massage the Rogaine into the scalp. Leave it on and let it dry.
- Repeat the application of the Rogaine twice per day. Over a few weeks time, you will notice the regrowth of hair. Keep in mind that if you discontinue use of this product, your hair could fall out again.
4. Change Your Lifestyle
Hair loss in women could be caused by malnutrition and lack of exercise. If you are not taking good care of your body and mind, you could suffer the consequences with hair loss.
Stress is a known factor that can lead to hair loss, so make sure that you think of ways to stay stress-free. In addition, try getting in at least 5 exercise routines in each week. Lastly, eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins.
5. Surgery and Implants
If the above methods do not work for you for any reason at all and you want to seek the advice of a medical professional, surgery or implants may be options for your hair loss or hair thinning. Burn or trauma victims or those who have hair loss due to heredity will benefit most from these procedures because they are best for cases in which permanent hair loss is the problem.
These solutions should not be used on impermanent hair loss. For example, it wouldn’t be a good idea to get surgery or implants if you are losing hair just because of stress or a pregnancy. This hair can usually grow back by using one of the remedies listed above.
- Hair transplants are quite popular. This process removes hundreds of hair follicles from other parts of the head and replaces them where the hair is not growing.
- There is also scalp flap surgery in which a healthy section of the scalp where hair is growing is removed from its original place and put on the area of balding.
- Finally, scalp reduction surgery literally removes the balding part of the scalp and stretches the rest of the scalp skin to cover the balding area.
6. Hair Extensions and Wigs
As a last resort, if none of the remedies above have worked for you, it is entirely possible to fix your problem with a simple wig or hair extension pack.
You can find real hair wigs made from beautiful human hair at your salon, and you can also get hair extensions there. In fact, hair extensions can look and feel so real that you can leave them on for up to several months without even realizing they’re there.
Finally, remember that some hair loss is normal. If you lose a few hairs here and there, it’s nothing to be worried about. You should only really be worried if you are losing large tufts of hair on your pillow at night, when you put your clothes on in the morning or in the bottom of the shower when you bathe.
These are instances wherein you may need to consult a healthcare professional. Otherwise, try the treatments above and you are sure to fix your hair loss issue.
Resources in this article