Dry brushing is an ancient wellness trick that people have been using for centuries to promote health and beautiful skin. You can use it as well to help yourself get rid of cellulite. If you have cellulite, chances are that you’re a woman, and it’s located on or around your buttocks. Cellulite may also appear on the stomach, upper legs and upper arms.
Why Do Some People Get Cellulite?
The reasons that cellulite is a problem for you will probably be different from why another person has cellulite. For some people, it’s because they have a little extra fat on their bodies or they are clinically obese. But skinny people can have cellulite too. This is not a skin condition that is limited to people who are overweight. Sometimes, it just comes down to body type and of course, genetics. If your mom, aunt or grandma has cellulite, chances are you will too.
But there is a solution for you, as we have mentioned. It’s a technique called dry brushing. You brush your hair, so why not brush your skin as well? Here is how to get started dry brushing your body so that you can say goodbye to cellulite.
1. Buy a dry brush to get started
- You’ll need to start by purchasing a dry brush for yourself. The easiest place to find a brush is online, but they are also sold in some health food stores, drug stores and wellness boutiques.
- Dry brushes have soft bristles, but they have a firmness to them as well, and this helps to really delve into your pores. You’ll want to make sure that you purchase a dry brush that is made from organic fibers. The brush should also have a wooden handle or wrist wrap that is comfortable and easy to hold on to.
- Your dry brush may be quite expensive if you want it to be, but if you don’t want to spend a lot of money, no need to worry. You will be able to find one that is within your price range. This is the only item that you will need to start dry brushing your skin in order to get rid of the cellulite on the body.
2. Be clean and dry when you start
- Before you start dry brushing, you’ll want to make sure that your body and skin is clean and dry. In other words, you cannot dry brush your skin if it is wet, and it shouldn’t have too much product (like lotions or serums) on it. A little bit of lotion or serum is okay. Finally, make sure that you haven’t recently been sweating a great deal.
- Many people like to dry brush in the morning because it invigorates the mind and body. It is a calming sensation, and it can actually be quite relaxing. You can even ask a partner to massage your skin with a dry brush.
- If you prefer, you can dry brush at night to calm yourself down right before bed.
3. Disrobe and get into the bathtub or somewhere private
- To start the process of eliminating toxins from the body by dry brushing, disrobe completely.
- You should be in a place that is private like your own bedroom or the bathroom. You can dry brush in the shower or bath if you want (without the water running).
- If you prefer to be more calmed and relaxed, go ahead and get comfortable by sitting down on your bed or on a soft chair.
4. Start brushing at the feet and use a pattern
- You always want to start out at the feet when you dry brush.
- With gentle pressure, brush only up toward the hard. Go over some areas in an overlap, but never brush an entire section of skin two times as this is too much for your skin to handle.
- Slowly work your way up the body.
5. End your dry brushing up by your neck
- Again, you always want to brush toward your heart. As you do this, you will slowly get to your where heart is.
- Once you are here, simply start down by your hands and wrists and brush up the arms alternatively. Then, go to the neck and again, brush down toward the heart.
- This technique promotes good circulation, helps get rid of toxins in the skin and of course, smooths out cellulite.
6. Take a quick shower rinse to et rid of dead skin cells
- Last but not least, when you are finished with your dry brushing session, you will have some dry skin to deal with. Simply rinse this off in the shower, and pay attention to smoothing a calming shower gel on the skin.
- In the shower or bath, do not be too rough on the skin, and do not use exfoliating techniques because all you need to do is rinse. Simply by doing the dry brushing, you have already done a thorough exfoliating process.
- End by patting the skin dry and applying a nourishing and natural oil. Choose a scent that calms and soothes you.
Finally, remember that you should dry brush daily, but make sure that you are paying attention to how your body and skin are reacting. Start out dry brushing by setting aside time every day at the same time of day. For instance, dry brush every morning or every evening. You need 24 hours between sessions at least to help your skin rejuvenate itself.
You will notice glowing and soft and smooth skin that is cellulite free after you start out dry brushing. It is a technique that many women have come to love for their beauty routines, and you will too!
Overall, I hope you enjoy this article, and as always, I look forward to hearing your thoughts below.