Exercise is good for everyone, but did you know that you can actually get rid of cellulite with exercise too? Lots of exercises help people to do different things for the body. The upper thighs, stomach and arms often get the most cellulite, so these are the areas that you will want to focus on when you exercise.
Cellulite happens for many different reasons. It’s important to pay attention to your overall weight if you really want to take care of this skin condition. Of course, even people who are in good health and fitness can have cellulite. So if that’s you, you can still use exercise to get rid of cellulite. Let’s look at 10 amazing exercises that will get rid of cellulite once and for all.
- Lunges work the buttocks and upper thighs, and if you add hand weights, they can work your arms as well.
- To do a lunge, stand with your feet hip’s width apart. Take one step forward and bend your knees so that you lower yourself. Your knees should be at right angles.
- Once here, make sure you lower yourself almost to the floor. Come back to your starting position and do the same move with the other leg.
- Push-ups are one of the most classic moves in the exercise world, and they will help immensely with your cellulite because push-ups work yourself out all over your body.
- A regular push-up brings your face all the way down so that your nose almost touches the floor.
- Remember, if you cannot do push-ups with your toes and hands, try them on your knees and hands and progressively work forward.
3. The Plank Position
- The plank position is also known as the push-up position, and it is great for your entire body, so no matter where you have cellulite, you can blast it away with this exercise move!
- Just get into the push-up position or plank position and hold the pose. Wait for 15 seconds.
- Do this everyday. Once 15 seconds becomes easy for you, go to 30 seconds, and keep adding 15 seconds until you can do it for at least one minute.
4. The Bicycle Ab and Core Move
- To work your core if you have cellulite on your stomach, you’ll want to do the bicycle ab move.
- With your hands behind your head, lay on your back and bring your legs up to a right angle. Bring your right elbow up to your left knee. Then go back so that both your elbows go to the ground. Then, move your left elbow to your right knee.
- Switch back and forth as if your legs were riding a bike. Do this as many times as you can—around 30 to 50.
5. The Squat
- The squat is another great move for your legs and buttocks.
- Simple stand with your feet at hip’s width. Bend your knees and lower yourself as if you are sitting. Keep your knees directly over your toes. Lift back up and repeat.
- This move can also be made to be more challenging by holding onto weights while you do it.
6. Walking, Jogging and Running
- Walking and running can be one of the best forms of cardio exercise for you. Do it inside on a treadmill or at a gym or outside on the road or trails.
- If you don’t know how to run or feel that you can’t run yet, don’t worry. You can start by walking, then work up to jogging, then try running.
- As a side note, try to do a lot of hills if you have trouble with cellulite on your legs, thighs and buttocks.
7. Small Workout Moves
- There are a lot of small moves that can add up to big benefits. Try mountain climbers, burpees, jumping Jacks, butt kicks and high knee runs.
- This form of training is often called HIIT or high intensity interval training.
- Doing a lot of small workout moves in sequence will is actually a great way to lose weight in general, and having excess weight on the body can cause cellulite.
- Biking is a great form of exercise. You can do it alone or with friends for a fun activity.
- If you want to bike on trails, you can do this, but try to get a mountain bike. If you bike on hard surfaces, you can use any bike.
- Biking can be something that you do to challenge yourself, and you can go very fast, or it can be something that you do only leisurely. It will still help with cellulite.
9. Swimming if You Have Bad Joints
- Many people cannot do these other high intensity moves for exercise because they have bad knees or other joints. If this is the case for you, consider doing some swimming.
- You can do swimming strokes in lanes at a gym or community pool.
- You can also join swimming aerobics classes that will take you through swimming moves.
10. Play Sports for Cardio
- As a last exercise for you, let your imagination run wild to find a sport that interests you.
- If you can find something that you enjoy doing for fun, you’ll be more likely to stick with it, so look for sports you like.
- Some of the best sports for this form of exercise include basketball, tennis and soccer.
Keep in mind that there are many other things you can do to keep your body in shape and cellulite at bay in particular. Try some cellulite creams, and also try eating better. Put yourself on a diet plan that will include lots of veggies and fruits, lean meats and whole grains. This will be a good start mixed with these 10 types of exercise for getting rid of that pesky cellulite.
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave your thoughts below. I look forward to the discussion.