Acne is a skin condition that no one wants to have. The small blackheads, pustules, cysts and other blemish types that crop up can be very annoying and sometimes even painful. Furthermore, they are embarrassing and can make you feel like you don’t want to ever show your face again.
Fortunately, there are things you can do to treat acne. But on the other hand, most of the remedies that you’ll find won’t actually cure your acne very quickly. You’ll find tons of medications from your doctor or serums and creams from the drug store that might be able to help you over time. But that’s not what you need! You want a solution to your acne that will act immediately—even over night. Well, you’re in luck. The following home remedies will help you to clear up your acne overnight!
1. Aspirin Has What You Need
- If you want to seriously get rid of acne or a specific blemish on the face, you need salicylic acid. Fortunately, salicylic acid is a main ingredient in regular aspirin.
- At night after you’ve washed your skin, pat dry, and grind up 2 aspirin into a bowl. Add a little bit of olive oil just so that you have a paste.
- Apply the paste to your face, and go to bed. In the morning, wipe off and rinse.
2. Drops of Tea Tree Oil
- Tea tree oil is very pungent and can dry up blemishes instantly.
- When you have a particular blackhead or pimple that you need to get rid of fast, just put a few drops of straight tea tree oil onto the blemish and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, you will notice that the blemish is gone and you can wash your face as usual.
3. Baking Soda Exfoliator
- Sometimes, dirt and oil gets stuck and clogged in the pores on your face, and this can be what actually causes you to have pimples in the first place.
- To stop this cycle, you need to exfoliate to clean out the pores.
- Create a baking soda exfoliator by simply washing your face with a mixture of baking soda and a little honey. Rinse quickly and go to sleep. In the morning, cleanse as usual.
4. Egg White Mask
- Egg whites are great because they dry out the face, and that gets rid of blemishes. But at the same time, they won’t dry your skin so much that it cracks or gets flaky.
- Beat 2 egg whites in a bowl, and apply them to your face when it is clean and dry.
- Leave the egg white mask on your face until it dries, then go to sleep. In the morning, peel off the mask and wash your face.
5. Fuller’s Earth
- Fuller’s earth has been used for centuries where skin conditions like acne or scars are concerned. The goal is to make a clay mask out of the substance.
- Simply mix enough ground fuller’s earth with some sort of water. Try rose water for an added bonus of calming rose. Mix in one egg and beat well until you have a thick paste.
- Apply the paste or mask to the skin in a very thin coat. Allow it to dry, and then go to bed with an old pillow case on your pillow. Rinse off and cleanse in the morning.
6. Green Tea
- There are antioxidant and antimicrobial components that your skin needs to fight off acne overnight in green tea.
- Make two cups of green tea, then put them in the refrigerator. At night before bed, lay down and put the used green tea packs on your face where you have acne. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with one cup of the cooled green tea before bed, go to sleep, and in the morning, wash with the other cup.
7. A Little Dab of Toothpaste
- Toothpaste is great in a pinch when you don’t have anything else around to take care of pimples or blackheads. It works because it instantly dries out the area.
- Before bed, just put a small dab of any kind of toothpaste onto the affected area of your face or body and go to sleep with it on.
- In the morning, wipe it off to see the results, then wash your face as usual.
8. Witch Hazel as an Astringent
- You’ll need to soak up excess oils from your face when you have acne, and witch hazel can do just that.
- To use witch hazel, soak a cotton pad or cotton ball in witch hazel and apply it to your skin. Rub it around to cover your entire face and chest. Leave it on and go to sleep.
- In the morning, rinse off the witch hazel and wash your face as usual.
9. Cinnamon and Honey Mask
- Cinnamon and honey will work together to simultaneously dry up the acne that’s formed on your skin and also soothe it to reduce redness.
- Mix 2 tablespoons with raw organic honey with 1 tsp of fresh grated cinnamon.
- Apply the mask to your face, and wipe off the excess, leaving some of it still on. Go to bed and rinse in the morning to see amazing results.
10. Papaya Soothing Mask
- With all the harsh things that you may be using on your skin, you’ll need to sooth it with something like papaya.
- After taking care of a blemish or even when you still have one, mash up papaya and apply it to clean skin.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes, then lightly wipe it off. Go to sleep and rinse and cleanse in the morning.
Finally, remember to change your habits so that acne is not a problem for you anymore. Sometimes, blemishes on the face, chin, neck, back or chest may be born of something that you are doing on a regular basis without knowing it. For example, if you often touch your face with your fingers and hands, you are transferring dirt and oils to your face, and this could be clogging your pores and helping pimples to form.
In addition, make sure that you change your bed sheets at least once per week and take regular showers. Girls and women should never go to sleep with makeup on their faces, and everyone should carry through a regular and consistent skincare regimen to ensure a good balance of sebum and healthy oils and help to stave off acne. When you do encounter a pimple or blackhead, just just the home remedies found here to get rid of it.
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, or questions below.