Once you’ve started dealing with bags under your eyes, they can be very difficult to get rid of. Bags under the eyes might be caused by different things. Some people get them after they’ve lost a significant amount of weight while others get them when they’ve lost a lot of sleep. Furthermore, malnutrition, side effects from medications and diseases can all cause bags under the eyes.
Getting rid of under eye bags doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult. In fact, you can get rid of bags under your eyes at home with these 10 home remedies. The great thing is that they are natural and healthy ways to combat this annoying problem. No doctors, no exams and no expensive products! Let’s get started and take those under eye bags out of your life!
1. Aloe Vera Gel for Cooling
- Aloe vera gel is a go-to product for so many skin conditions, and this includes baggy eyes. It cools them and helps to calm down the puffiness that makes bags more apparent.
- To use aloe vera on your eyes, simply clip off a branch of the plant, and squeeze out the clear gel.
- Each night before bed, apply some of the gel to your under eyes to get rid of puffiness and bags.
- Cucumbers are a vegetable that contain a lot of water. The water in cucumbers can cool and hydrate the bags beneath your eyes to make them disappear.
- Slice a fresh English cucumber in 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Put one slice on each eye and lay down for about 30 to 60 minutes. Do this once every other day.
3. Cold Compresses
- A cold compress can act like a cucumber in a similar way. A wash cloth is the best cold compress to try.
- Wet a clean wash cloth with cool water, and rinse out all of the excess.
- Put the cold compress on your eyes (and under eyes) and lay down with it on your face. Leave it on for about 20 minutes.
4. Improve Your Nutrition
- Sometimes, nutrition can be an issue if you have bags under your eyes. You will need to think about this for each meal that you eat.
- Make sure that you are taking a multivitamin each day, and you should also be eating nutritious foods. Try to get at least 6 to 8 servings of fruits and veggies in every day.
- In addition to lots of fruits and veggies, you should be eating regular dishes that include whole grains like brown rice and whole grain pasta and lean proteins like fish, chicken and turkey breast.
5. A Green Tea Bag
- Green tea bags have key antioxidants in them to help make bags under the eyes disappear.
- Make two bags of green tea, then let the bags cool on the counter.
- While the bags are still wet, put one on each eye, taking care of the metal staple that is often in a tea bag. Make sure that doesn’t get on your eye or skin. Leave the bags over your eyes for about 15 to 20 minutes before removing and throwing away.
6. Drink That Water Up
- If you haven’t been drinking enough water each day, this could be why you are experiencing bags under your eyes as well.
- Start drinking more water each day by carrying a water bottle around with you. Fill it every time it is empty.
- Aim to drink 64 ounces of water every day, and try to include other drinks like sparking water, fruit juices and green or black teas.
7. A Cold Spoon
- Sometimes, all you need is a cold spoon to calm down the bags around your eyes. This is a simple fix.
- Simply put two spoons made from silver metal into the fridge. Leave them for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the spoons out, and lie on a bed or the couch. Put the spoons over each eye, and leave them there for at least 10 minutes. do this every other day.
8. Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- Stress and anxiety can actually show up on your face. If you are severely stressed or anxious, you’ll need to find ways to combat this, and your bags might disappear.
- Try taking up a calming practice like yoga or meditation for starters.
- Organize your time better, take on less and make sure you get alone time each day—even if it’s only for a few minutes.
9. Get More Sleep
- Often, people get under eye bags because they simply aren’t sleeping enough. This can lead to under eye bags, but it can also lead to added stress and anxiety—possibly even depression.
- To get more sleep, try to manage your time during the day a little better. This might be accomplished with a schedule or by saying “no” more often to things people want you to do.
- To help track your sleep, keep a sleep log next to your desk with the number of hours you sleep each night.
10. Try a Basic Under Eye Concealer
- Sometimes, you just need a quick fix to combat circles under the eyes. If this is the case for you, an under eye concealer might be just what you’ve been looking for.
- Under eye concealers come in a range of application types. If you have dry skin, choose a liquid concealer, and if you have oily skin, choose a powder concealer.
- Use the concealer lightly, and never apply a lot at once. Try to choose a shade that is just a little lighter than your natural skin tone.
Under eye bags don’t have to be a problem for you if you only follow the home remedies that are listed in this article. Make sure to follow the directions closely to find the remedies that work best for you at getting rid of those pesky under eye circles and bags.
Have questions or comments? Let me know what you think below!