Blackheads will make anyone miserable—especially if you have a lot of them, and some people do. This pesky form of acne can make your face look dull, grey and uneven.
Fortunately, we have the answers you’ve been looking for! And it won’t come in the form of an expensive doctor’s visit or burning drug store cream. All of the remedies in this article are natural and include ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen or bathroom.
What Are Blackheads?
First, what are blackheads? The truth is, they are simply clogged pores. They are not always black. In fact, sometimes they appear light brown, dark brown, grey, or even blue. Blackheads can form anywhere on the body, but they most often for in the “T-Zone” of the face. This zone includes your forehead, the bridge of your nose and your chin.
Sebum, which is an oil that is naturally produced by your body, collects in your pores, and mixing with sweat and dirt, this produces a clogged pore, or a blackhead.
1. Try an Oatmeal Mask
- Start by mixing up the juice of 4 very ripe tomatoes with 2 tsp of honey and enough cooked oatmeal to create a paste. It won’t be a pretty color!
- Apply the mask to clean skin and wait 20 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water and cleanse the skin with some natural face cleanser.
2. Treat Blackheads With Honey
- Honey is a great natural remedy for many different skin conditions including the most serious acne and tiny blackheads that may be plaguing you.
- Simply use raw and organic honey as a face mask. Don’t add anything to the honey, and apply to clean skin.
- Rinse off the honey with the help of a soft washcloth after about 10 minutes of leaving it on. Pat dry to finish, and use daily.
3. Create a Baking Soda Paste
- Baking soda paste is simple. Just mix up enough water and baking soda to make a thick paste that will stick to your face.
- Let the baking soda sit on your skin for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse off the baking soda paste with warm water, and repeat this process every other day.
4. Go Green With Green Tea Paste
- Make a paste out of green tea by putting a small amount of cold water into some dry green tea.
- You will be scrubbing this mixture over the skin where there are blackheads.
- Do this every other day, and make sure to rinse well and pat dry each time. Do not use every day to avoid skin irritation.
5. Say Goodbye to Blackheads With Turmeric
- Turmeric is a soothing spice that can help to clean out the pores on your face so that blackheads are gone! Simply mix 1 tsp of turmeric along with 1 tbsp of mint juice (or 1 tsp of mint oil with 1 tbsp of water).
- You’ll have a small amount of paste that should be applied to the blackheads on your face for about 20 minutes. Make sure the skin is clean and dry beforehand.
- Rinse off the mixture with warm, and gently scrub the area to get rid of any discoloration that the orange tinged turmeric may have left.
6. Fenugreek Will Clear the Skin
- Get some fresh fenugreek and mix it with a little water. Muddle it to create a paste. Put the paste on your blackhead and wait 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse the paste off with some lukewarm water and pat your skin dry.
- Use this fenugreek mask every day until you notice improvement, then use it about once every week after that.
7. Use the Juice From Lemons
- Lemons are acidic and will clean up those pores in no time at all. Simply juice a lemon and add a little salt or sugar to make a face scrub for yourself. It will smell great!
- Use this exfoliating scrub every other day on areas that are affected by blackheads.
- Scrub for about 20 to 30 seconds, then make sure to rinse well after scrubbing.
8. Cornmeal Works!
- Mix some cornmeal with 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt to make a paste. Add some sugar if you want to make the paste into a scrub.
- Use the paste or scrub to cleanse your face in the mornings.
- Wash for 30 seconds with the mixture, then rinse.
9. Let Epsom Salt Do the Trick
- Put 2 tsp of Epsom salt in a bowl with some warm water and drop of iodine. Then the mixture cool off then use a cotton ball to apply it to the blackheads on your skin.
- Leave for 5 minutes, then remove with lukewarm water.
- Do this every night before you go to bed and every morning when you wake up.
10. Try Cinnamon for Blackheads
- Stir up 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice with 1 tsp of fresh cinnamon powder in a small bowl.
- Make sure that you have clean skin, and put the lemon and cinnamon mixture over the blackheads on your face.
- Leave the mixture on for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. Repeat daily.
Make sure to follow all of these directions closely. Missing a face mask or misusing ingredient amounts could create unwanted results or no results at all. But if you follow the recipes you found here closely, you will certainly be rid of those annoying and embarrassing blackheads in no time at all!
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave your thoughts below. I look forward to the discussion.