Many women and men struggle with cellulite. Cellulite is the buildup of subcutaneous fat directly below the skin. This fat is not substantial and may ripple or form bulges, which can then be seen on the skin.
There are not many ways that fancy creams or serums can help you take care of cellulite, but on the other hand, you can get rid of it with some key home remedies. You just have to know which ones work! Below, you will find 10 home remedies that have been proven to help tremendously when it comes to cellulite on the thighs, stomach, arms, legs or buttocks.
1. Take a Detox Bath
- Sometimes, cellulite is caused by the build up of toxins in the skin, and these can be gotten rid of after a detox bath. To try a detox bath, simply start the hot water running, then add one of the following mixtures.
- Salt will help bring out toxins, so combine 1/4 cup of Himalayan salt with 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup of baking soda.
- You might also try a clay bath. For this, mix a few drops of lavender essential oil with 1/2 cup epsom salt and 1/2 cup bentonite clay.
2. Try Dry Brushing
- There is a lot of proof that dry brushing your skin on a regular basis helps it to look more luminous and better in general. It has been shown to make cellulite all but disappear as well.
- When dry brushing, it is advised that you always move the brush towards the heart in a sweeping or circular motion. Try to use a soft brush that won’t damage your skin but one that has thick enough bristles so that you can exfoliate.
- Dry brush your skin every morning after you wake up for about 10 to 20 minutes to get rid of cellulite.
3. Consume Gelatin Regularly
- Gelatin is an ingredient that helps improve skin, nails, hair and teeth. Getting more gelatin into your diet can even smooth out your skin and get rid of cellulite
- Gelatin has many benefits, including being a great source of collagen, which helps to even out skin tone and create a smooth surface.
- You can drink powdered gelatin by mixing it with water, or you can simply eat some jello every day for dessert.
4. Try Self Massage (Myfascial Massage)
- Most people thing that massages can only be done when you actually go into a chiropractor’s office or to see a massage therapist. The truth is, you can give yourself a massage, and it can make cellulite go away.
- To try self massage, simply use your finger tips to pt light but firm pressure on the areas of your body where you have cellulite. Take care to use a massage oil if you have dry skin.
- Massage the area daily for about 10 to 20 minutes each session.
5. Exfoliate and Moisturize at Least 3 Times a Week
- Exfoliating the skin will help to alter the makeup of the subcutaneous fat that is causing the cellulite just below the top layers of skin. Moisturizing will tone the skin and give it a great smoothness.
- Simply use an in-shower exfoliator form the store, or mix some olive oil with salt or sugar to exfoliate the skin.
- After your shower or bath, use a thick cocoa butter as a moisturizer on your skin. Do these things 3 times every week.
6. Do a Coffee Scrub
- Because of the high levels of caffeine in coffee, scrubbing with this drink can be great for revitalizing the skin and smoothing out cellulite.
- To make a coffee scrub, just mix together 3 tablespoons of brown sugar with 3 tablespoons of warm coconut oil and 1/4 cup of fresh coffee grounds.
- Scrub the mixture on your skin for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
7. Eat More Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Your skin needs a daily amount of omega-3 fatty acids to retain its elasticity and health. These also help with smoothness.
- To get omega-3s in your diet, eat avocados, fish and flaxseed oil.
- If you can get omega-3s into your daily diet with these foods, you can also take a fish oil or DHA supplement each day.
8. Workout With a Kettlebell
- Working out and losing weight (if you need to) will certainly help with cellulite. In fact, it’s one of the best ways to get rid of cellulite. A kettlebell is a great workout for both men and women.
- Purchase a kettlebell according to your gender, weight, strength, height and age.
- Do a kettlebell workout five to six days a week to see results.
9. Vitamin E Oil
- Vitamin E has been known to treat many skin issues like wrinkles and even age spots. It can also help with cellulite.
- Simply purchase a bottle of vitamin E oil, and put a few drops onto your skin where you have cellulite every day.
- Massage the oil in and do not rinse off.
10. Get Your Hormones Checked Out by a Professional
- In some rare cases, cellulite may be caused by hormones being out of balance. To check this out, you need to see a medical professional.
- At your appointment, let the doctor know your symptoms and that you’re trying to get rid of cellulite as well.
- If your hormones are unbalanced, you may be prescribed a cream, shot or pill to even them out and reduce the side effects.
Finally, remember that everyone probably has at least a little cellulite here and there on their bodies. It’s nothing to be ashamed of, but if it really bothers you, these home remedies will definitely help you get rid of it once and for all.
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, or questions below.