Cystic acne is just one of the many forms of acne that are out there. Unfortunately, cystic acne is one of the worst types of acne because it causes the largest pustules to form. The breakouts that occur with cystic acne are deep and very enflamed, and furthermore, even as the large pimples or cysts heal, they have a hard time healing correctly without causing serious scars.
But there are ways to heal cystic acne, you just have to know how. On this page, we have compiled a list of 10 key home remedies for taking care of cystic acne once and for all. Check them out to see which ones will work best for you.
1. Drops of Pure Tea Tree Oil
- Tea tree oil has powerful antiseptic properties that can take you far when it comes to healing pustules from cystic acne deep in the skin.
- To use this for your acne, simply take a few drops of pure organic tea tree oil, and put them directly onto your cystic acne.
- Sleep overnight with the oil on you and rinse it in the morning for a fresh look to your skin.
2. Baking Soda
- Baking soda can heel your cystic acne in amazing ways because it has amazing anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- You’ll want to create a paste out of baking soda to use it. Simply mix up a little water with about 1 to 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- With the paste, you’ll want to apply it to a clean face. Put it where the cystic acne is worst on your skin.
3. Regular Steaming
- Steaming your face may help to open up the pores and allow dirt and oil to be removed so that your cystic acne can clear up.
- To steam your face, put a large bowl in the sink, and turn on the hot water. Allow the water to flow and fill up the bowl then overflow.
- Put your face over the bowl and put a towel over your head to hold in the steam. Do this for 10 minutes, taking breaks.
4. The Aspirin Mask
- A key and important ingredient in aspirin is salicylic acid, and this ingredient is great for taking care of acne. It is in many acne medications. You can therefore make a great acne mask with aspirin.
- Put a little bit of water into a bowl, then put in 3 aspirin. Crush them up until they dissolve into a paste.
- Apply this paste to your cystic acne and let it sit there for 10 minutes before wiping off and rinsing your face.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar Overnight
- Apple cider vinegar is acidic enough to help remove your cystic acne.
- To use this, soak a cotton ball or cotton pad in the vinegar, and rub the pad or ball all over your face. Let the apple cider vinegar soak in, and do not rinse off while you sleep.
- When you wake up, rinse and cleanse your face as normal.
- Toothpaste works surprisingly well at taking care of pimples of all shapes and sizes and can even combat cystic acne as well.
- With a clean and dry face, simply dab any type of toothpaste onto your skin where the cystic acne is the worst. Let it sit there while you are at home or where you won’t see anyone for at least 1 hour.
- Gently wipe off after the hour or more and rinse with water.
7. Change Your Pillow Case
- As the dirt and oil can build up quickly on your pillow case and exacerbate your cystic acne, you’ll need to change it more often.
- Consider changing your pillow case perhaps every other night
- You should also try to sleep on your back when you can.
8. Don’t Touch Your Face
- Many people with cystic acne don’t know that touching your face can make the problem a lot worse.
- When you touch your face often or hold a phone to it for long periods of time, the dirt and oil from your hands transfers to your skin and clogs your pores.
- Try to avoid touching your face with your fingers, phone or anything else.
9. A Regular Skin Care Routine
- You will need to build a full-proof skincare routine to help get rid of your cystic acne. To do this, make sure that you have all the right products. You’ll need a cleanser, a lotion and a toner.
- Start by cleansing your face once in the morning right after you wake up and once at night before bed. Pat your skin dry, then use a toner with a cotton pad to get rid of other oils.
- Finish with a light application of a non comedogenic moisturizer or lotion that won’t clog your pores and won’t spur more cystic acne.
10. Change Your Diet Plan
- The way you eat could be influencing your face, skin and whether you have to deal with cystic acne or not.
- You should make sure you are eating a well-balanced and healthy diet. Try to eat at least 6 to 8 servings of veggies and fruits each day.
- In addition, try to get at least 1 to 2 servings of lean proteins like chicken, turkey or fish into your daily diet, and also consume whole grain foods. Avoid foods that are excessively fatty or high in calories.
Finally, this is not a well-known fact, but you may be able to beat cystic acne if you just reduce the amount of stress in your life. This can be hard for some people, but it is definitely important to try because stress can cause serious cystic acne. Try relaxing, and see how it improves your visage. In the mean time, when you do run into some cystic acne, you can use these full-proof home remedies to take care of it!
Overall, I hope you enjoy this article, and as always, I look forward to hearing your thoughts below.