No one likes that pesky dandruff, but it always seems to show up when the temps drop and the air gets dry. In reality, dandruff can happen any time anywhere, and many people are prone to it all year round. Not only does the flaky skin of dandruff also come with other annoying symptoms like itchiness, discolored hair, and dry split ends, but all of these things can be very embarrassing to you. Shedding little flecks of skin is not exactly how you want to present yourself to the world.
Fortunately, this article has everything you need to take care of the dandruff in your life. The following list has 10 full-proof home remedies for fixing dandruff. You can take care of the dandruff you’re experiencing with items and products that you already have in your own home! Let’s get started.
1. Coconut Oil
- You will be adding coconut oil to lemon juice (fresh squeezed if you can get it). Use half of a lemon and about 2 tbsp of coconut oil. Mix.
- Rub the solution mask you have created onto your scalp using your fingertips.
- Leave the solution on your hair for about 30 minutes. Find something fun to do, then rinse it out. Do this about 2 to 3 times per week.
2. Indian Lilac
- Start by boiling up a small amount of neem or Indian lilac leaves. You’ll want to put the leaves into about 3 to 4 cups of water to boil.
- Next, let the solution that you’ve created cool off, and strain it into a small bowl. It should be cool to the touch.
- Apply the solution to your hair as a rinse. Use this about once or twice every week to see shiny, healthy hair that is free from dandruff!
3. Fenugreek Seeds
- Put about 2 tbsp of the fenugreek seeds into a cup of water and leave them there overnight. You will need to grind them up in the morning.
- You’ll have a past after grinding. Apply this to your scalp and leave it on for about 30 minutes before rinsing.
- Do this process at least once or twice a week for a month.
4. Tea Tree Oil
- All you need to do with tea tree oil is to put a few drops of it into your normal shampoo. Use this when you wash your hair on a normal basis.
- You can also add some of this to your normal conditioner.
- To use tea tree oil in a mask, simply put a few drops into a base oil of coconut oil or olive oil. You may also use jojoba oil. Mix together and use as a mask as you would regular olive oil (see number 10).
5. Baking Soda
- Start by getting your hair a little wet. Just put your hand under the faucet and splash some water onto your head.
- Next, take a small handful of baking soda and apply it to the roots of your hair and to your scalp. Massage it in.
- Wait about 10 minutes before rinsing with clean water and patting your hair dry. Don’t shampoo. Do this process once a week.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
- You will be mixing apple cider vinegar with water and about 15 drops of great smelling tea tree oil. Use about 1/4 cup of water and vinegar, equal parts.
- Use this rinse on your hair. Try to massage it into your scalp. After about 10 minutes, rinse your hair with water.
- Do this 3 or 4 times each week for healthy, shiny hair.
7. White Vinegar
- Add 2 cups of clean water to about 6 to 8 tbsp of white vinegar. Put this rinse onto your clean hair.
- Let the rinse soak into your scalp for a few minutes before rinsing completely with water.
- Use this white vinegar rinse 4 to 5 times every two weeks for the greatest effect. You will definitely notice healthier hair!
- Create a fine powder with your aspirins by crushing them. Then, add them to a small amount of your normal shampoo. Use your shampoo as you would regularly.
- Rinse your hair out well when using aspirin in your shampoo.
- Use aspirin in your shampoo for at least a few weeks to see noticeable changes.
9. Lemon Juice
- Put about a 1/2 cup of plain yogurt into a bowl, and add 1/2 of the juice of a lemon. Put it onto your roots and scalp.
- Let the mask sit for about 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing it out. Do not use an abrasive shampoo after this.
- Use this yogurt and lemon juice mask once every week for at least a month to see changes.
10. Olive Oil
- You’ll want the olive oil to be a little warm for the full effect of this mask. Heat up a little EVOO on the stove, but do not get it too hot or it will burn.
- Using your fingertips, take some of the warm olive oil and massage it directly into your roots and on the scalp. Put a towel around your head.
- Leave the oil and towel on for about 50 minutes before rinsing in the shower. You should do this mask about 3 times a week to get rid of dandruff.
Remember, even though dandruff is a problem that none of us want, it’s nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of people of all ages, sizes, and levels of wealth experience dandruff at at least one time or another. Check out these home remedies for getting rid of dandruff and see how they work for you. With luck, you’ll be free of dandruff in no time at all! Good luck!
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave your thoughts below. I look forward to the discussion.