Every man and woman wants to have thick, shiny, long hair. It’s something that makes us look attractive and keeps us feeling good about ourselves. Unfortunately, some people experience loss of hair for one reason or another. Sometimes loss of hair is because of a certain illness or medication, and sometimes, it’s just a part of getting older.
Fortunately for those who experience loss of hair growth on a regular basis, there are things you can do at home to take care of this problem. There’s no need to go in and see a specialist. You don’t need some fancy serum or cream from the pharmacist. Everything can be handled with products that you already have in your own home! Below, you will fine 10 amazing home remedies for inspiring hair growth and getting that healthy head of hair back once and for all!
1. Lemon Juice
- Put a few tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil into some lemon juice. The juice from 1/2 a lemon will do.
- Put the mixture onto your hair and make sure to rub it into the scalp well.
- Let the mask sit on your hair for 45 minutes before washing out with a mild shampoo.
2. Castor Oil
- You will use a base oil with castor oil to get the best consistency and results. Use about 1 part castor oil to 3 parts base oil. Some examples of good base oils are olive, jojoba and coconut oil.
- Use a cup to drizzle the oil over your hair. Rub it into your roots and the skin on your head.
- Try adding some rosemary oil to enhance the good effects of this treatment. Leave the castor oil on for 20 minutes before rinsing. Do this once a day for two weeks.
- Put 3 whole egg yokes into a bowl and break the yokes. Mix them quickly, then add 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Mix well.
- Apply the egg mixture to your dry hair, and allow it to stay 30 minutes. Wrap your hair if it drips. Rinse and dry.
- Use this egg mask once every three days to promote hair growth.
- Put fenugreek seeds into some water and let them soak overnight or for at the least, 3 hours.
- Grind the seeds after they have soaked and mix them with some coconut oil. Let both ingredients sit on your hair for about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Finally, rinse out the fenugreek and coconut oil mixture with warm water. Make sure all of the mixture is out before drying your hair.
5. Indian Gooseberry
- Put a few tbsp of coconut oil into a pot add some amla pieces. Let them simmer until they char a bit. Strain out the seeds and keep the oil.
- When the oil has cooled a bit, apply it as a mask, and let it sit for half an hour.
- Use a mild shampoo to wash out the seeds and rinse well. Do this twice a week.
- You will need rosemary essential oil for this treatment. Put two drops into a base oil like almond, coconut, jojoba, avocado or olive oil.
- Apply the oil to your scalp and let it soak in. Shampoo it out after about 30 minutes.
- To keep in line with the rosemary, use a rosemary water to rinse out the oil. Do this about 3 times a week.
7. Beetroot Juice
- Beetroot juice is loaded with vitamins, many of which affect your hair growth. These vitamins include B, C, iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- To create beat juice, you can juice your own by buying a juicer, but you can also buy beet juice straight from the grocery store.
- To improve the growth of your hair, you should consider drinking beet juice on a regular basis. Try to have it at least 2 times per day.
8. Coconut Milk
- Coconut has vitamins E, C and B in it. It also contains amazing nutrients like iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and selenium.
- Try to include coconut milk in your diet. Drink it with meals or include it in smooths or shakes.
- If you would like to use coconut milk topically, that is also an option. Consider doing coconut milk rinses.
9. Fish Oil
- The omega-3s in fish oil will help not only your hair growth, but your teeth and nails as well.
- Eating more fish is one way to get more omega 3s into your diet.
- Alternatively, you might prefer to take fish oil supplements in fill or liquid form. As a side note, if you are a vegetarian, you can take linseed oil supplements or flaxseed oil. These do not contain fish or meat byproducts of any kind.
10. Hot Oil Treatments
- Massaging with oil can help to eliminate lice because it helps to drown and smother the lice and the eggs.
- To create hot oil, choose a base oil like olive oil or jojoba oil and heat it up in a saucepan. Put the oil on your scalp (make sure it is only warm and not hot before applying it), and massage it into your scalp skin.
- Massage the oil for about 20 minutes. You might need a few friends to help you massage. Rinse the oil out with warm water and dry with a blow dryer. Do this every day for a week.
Remember to follow the directions listed on each of these home remedies to the T. You will need to pay attention to how often you use these remedies as well. Using them for the correct amounts of times each week will make the remedies work better. Try each one to find those that work best for your hair growth!