When you’re losing your hair, you feel like your not 100% yourself. Many men and women suffer from hair loss, and the reasons for it can be different for everyone, but the result is the same: less self-esteem and less confidence in the way you look. To take care of hair loss, you need tried and true remedies that will rejuvenate your follicles and promote healthy growth. That’s where this article comes in! We’ve got all the home remedies you need for when hair loss has got you down.
What Causes Hair Loss?
Most of the time, hair loss in men and women is simply hereditary. Someone in your family probably experienced the same thing at your age—whether it’s a grandparent, parent or older sibling.
But when hair loss is not hereditary, it may be caused by several other factors in your life. Sometimes, it’s caused by a medication you’re taking, a disease or illness, a lack of nutrition, a lack of sleep, or it’s a side-effect of a medication. Finally, hair loss can even be caused by excess anxiety and stress. No matter what the cause, these 10 home remedies are sure to help you and your hair!
1. Try an Egg Yoke Mask
- You’ll need olive oil and eggs for this mask. There are essential proteins in eggs that can restore your hair to health.
- Start by simply whipping up 2 large eggs. Make them frothy as you go, then add in 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil for hydration and keep whipping.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, covering your entire scalp. Leave on for 20 minutes, then take a shower to rinse out the mixture and wash your hair. Do this every day.
2. Avocado or Olive Oil
- Oil is moisturizing, which always helps speed up hair growth, and you can add massage too, which stimulates hair growth by perking up hair follicles when they stop or slow down the production of hair.
- Simply put a bit of either avocado or almond oil onto your fingertips and massage your hair follicles.
- Massage for 5 to 10 minutes or get a friend to do it, then rinse out.
- Henna has tons of amazing properties that help to nourish hair especially when it is experiencing thinning, loss and breakage or damage. Keep in mind that henna can only be used on people with dark hair.
- Mix some henna powder with plain Greek yogurt to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to your hair from root to tip, wait 10 minutes, then rinse. Do this once per week.
4. Drink More Water and Green Tea
- Most men and women do not drink enough water, and this affects their hair.
- Aim to drink at least 64 ounces of water per day.
- Make at least 1/4 of that water green tea, which is rich and antioxidants to prevent the loss of hair.
5. Onion Juice Massages
- Massage is essential for stimulating growth in the hair follicles, and the added onion juice will also help immensely. It may not smell very pretty, but onion juice is full of good sulphur, which helps boost collagen in your scalp.
- Grate 2 onions to get all the juice out you can. Squeeze the juice onto your scalp, and massage it in for 5 minutes, then wait 5 more minutes.
- Rinse out the onion juice, and wash with a sweet smelling shampoo to get rid of the smell. Do this every other day for at least 2 or 3 weeks.
6. Take Fish Oil or Flaxseed Oil
- You need DHA to have healthy hair growth, and DHA is found primarily in fish oil and flaxseed oil.
- Take a fish or flaxseed oil supplement on a daily basis.
- Flaxseed oil is the right choice for vegetarians and vegans.
7. Use Peppercorns
- Make a paste by blending 3 tsp of peppercorns with a few drops of lime juice.
- Apply this paste to your hair near the roots and wait for about 15 minutes.
- After the time is up, rinse and wash hair.
8. Vitamin E Oil
- Vitamin E oil is great for your skin, so it’s also great for your scalp. It helps to improve your circulation, which will make hair grow.
- Simply put a few drops of vitamin E oil onto your scalp and rub in.
- Leave this on overnight before rinsing in the morning. Do this every two days.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
- This one is easy. Simply put 1/4 cup of organic apple cider vinegar into a bowl along with 1 1/2 cups of cool water.
- Bending over the bathtub, you’ll then need to pour the mixture over your hair. Let it sit for about 5 minutes before rinsing.
- Do this every time you take a shower or bath.
10. Stop the Stress!
As mentioned in the beginning of this article, it is entirely possible for hair loss to actually be caused by stress. Although it’s rare to lose a significant amount of hair from stress or anxiety alone, it is certainly plausible. If you have deduced that stress is causing your own hair loss, there are some things that you can do.
- First, try looking at areas of your life you can de-stress. Sometimes, things you think are giving you pleasure like hobbies or spending money on expensive items are actually stressing you out. Reevaluate your priorities.
- You might also consider going to therapy. Talking to someone (even just a friend) about your problems can really ease the tension.
- Finally, take care of yourself. Don’t forget that you need “you time,” so go for a walk or get a massage every once in a while to relax and clear your head.
If you can learn to destress your life and use the amazing home remedies in this article, you will notice great results in your hair growth, and hair loss will no longer be a problem you have to worry about.
If you have any questions or thoughts, please feel free to comment below. I look forward to hearing from you.