Whiteheads, blemishes, or pimples: you can call them what you want, but these pesky spots that show up on your face or other parts of your body can be more than just embarrassing. They can be downright painful, and they can even cause serious scarring! No one wants to deal with pimples, and furthermore, no one wants to go through the pain of having to go to many doctors and pharmacists to find the things that will work for fixing those pimples.
Fortunately for those who suffer from pimple problems, there is help on the way. You won’t need fancy creams, you won’t need expensive dermatologists, and you won’t need scary and painful utensils. All you need are a few natural ingredients—many of which you likely already have in your kitchen or bathroom! Check out these 10 amazing remedies for pimples, and see the difference they can make in you!
1. Tea Tree Oil
- Tea tree oil disinfects the skin to act as an antiseptic. It will take care of oil and bacteria as well, and this will diminish acne.
- All you need to use tea tree oil is one drop on the area that is affected.
- Sometimes, when it is undiluted, it will cause a strong reaction, so you may want to dilute it.
- Fenugreek is an herb with special antiseptic properties and antioxidant elements, making it great for acne-prone skin.
- Create a nice paste with fenugreek leaves, and water. Put the paste onto the skin and leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse the mixture off with water and pay dry with a clean towel.
- Toothpaste is drying, so it will help to dry out large pimples that are causing you trouble. Make sure to use toothpaste on your pimples as soon as you see the first signs of them.
- Simply put a small dab of toothpaste on the affected area, and let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing off.
- Rinse the toothpaste off with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
4. Indian Lilac
- Neem is also called Indian lilac, and it helps to treat a variety of skin infections.
- Start by boiling a few leaves of neem or indian lilac in water. Reduce the heat and simmer the leaves for 10 minutes. Your water should be slightly reduced after the simmering.
- Allow the neem water to cool, and then use the water to soothe the skin that has been affected by acne.
5. Multani Mitti
- Multani mitti is also known as fuller’s earth. This substance will help to absorb oil on the skin so that pimples are harder to form.
- Create a mask or mud pack, you can add 1 tsp of rose water with a bit of sandalwood powder and equal parts of Fuller’s earth.
- When the mud mask dries on the skin, you can wash it off with water. Do this once a week.
6. Aloe Vera Gel
- Aloe vera is used as an anti-inflammatory for burns and irritated skin, but it can also be used for acne.
- Simply buy an aloe vera plant, and cut off one leaf. Squeeze out the gel from the middle of the aloe.
- Apply the aloe to the face, and leave it on for about 10 minutes a day twice a day.
7. Lemon Juice
- Lemon juice is acidic and will clear out dirt from the skin.
- Slice the lemon to create a fresh cut surface. You will then rub the cut area onto the affected area of the skin.
- If you want to dull the lemon so that it isn’t so strong, add some rose water to smooth things down.
- Many people who suffer from acne and blemishes also have extremely oily skin. Oatmeal will soak up this oil and help to soothe acne-prone skin.
- Cook 1/2 cup of oatmeal, and mix it with 1 tbsp of fresh lemon and 2 tsp of organic raw honey.
- Use the mask on your face for about 20 minutes before rinsing. Do this one time every week.
9. Baking Soda
- Baking soda is a great exfoliant for your skin, but it is gentle so it won’t irritate acne at all. It will also help to balance the pH balance.
- Create a baking soda paste with some warm water in a bowl.
- On clean skin, put a baking soda paste onto the affected area.
10. Orange Peel
- Vitamin C is great at getting rid of acne, and orange peel has a lot of it! Orange peel is great for preventing acne and for eliminating it.
- Create a powder of orange peel by grinding dried peels in a food processor. Add a few tsp of water to create a paste.
- On clean skin, put the paste on so that you can calm the affected area. Use the paste on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
The 10 pimple remedies listed above should surely help any case of pimples that may occur. Try different remedies for different types of blemishes to see what works best for you. Just make sure that you don’t misread the directions or guidelines. Everything should be followed to a T to ensure that you have the best chance at getting rid of your acne. If, after trying all of the remedies here, you find, however, that you acne is still flaring up, keep in mind that it may be a good idea to visit a doctor. In rare cases, some medical treatment may be necessary for severe acne.
If you have any questions or thoughts, please feel free to comment below. I look forward to hearing from you.