The truth is that most women suffer from cellulite on at least one area on their bodies. It is completely normal to have cellulite come up, but it is definitely annoying and can also be embarrassing.
So what is cellulite? It is actually a thin layer of fat that sits directly below the top layers of skin. The fat is called subcutaneous fat, and it tends to curdle in dimple the skin so that it looks like an orange or lemon peel. The effect is unattractive and makes many women embarrassed to allow this area of their body to be seen.
Even if you are at a healthy weight with adequate muscle, you still might have cellulite. It often appears on the upper thighs, upper arms, stomach and buttocks. There are many ways to get rid of cellulite, but only some of these methods actually will actually show up to work. One of the absolute best ways that has been found for reducing the appearance of cellulite as a guarantee is the use of a cellulite body wrap.
What Is a Cellulite Wrap?
The goal of a cellulite wrap is actually to make your body sweat more than usual. This actually reduces the toxins that are causing the subcutaneous fat beneath the skin to form cellulite. In essence, when you can reduce these toxins, you can deflate the cellulite and give your skin a smooth appearance.
Some people liken cellulite wraps to being in a steam room or sauna, but the truth is that the cellulite wraps actually work better than going to a steam room or sauna because they target the areas of your body where you want definite reduction of toxins. As an added benefit, cellulite wraps can actually help you lose weight. In some women, excess weight on the body is one of the causes of cellulite, so if you can drop a few pounds, this will help to reduce the appearance of cellulite and give you smooth and soft glowing skin as well.
In this article, we are going to discuss how you can create your own cellulite wrap at home. You probably have all of the ingredients that you will need for this process already. Let’s get started!
1. Start by exfoliating skin where you have cellulite
- The first thing you will want to do is to exfoliate your skin to prepare it for your cellulite wrap. You can do this with an oil and sugar scrub.
- To make your oil and sugar scrub, simply combine three ingredients. First, you will need an oil. You can use extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil or canola oil. Jojoba oil is another alternative, but this can be rather expensive. Use one part oil with two part sugar. You can use white or brown sugar. Finally, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for a nice scent.
- Combine all of these ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Stir together well.
- get into the shower or bath, and rinse off your body with one water. Make sure that you dampen all of the areas where you are going to be using cellulite wraps. This is also where you will be using your exfoliator.
- Take a small amount of your exfoliation mixture, and rub it gently onto the areas where you have cellulite. Do this for about five or ten minutes. Do not rub it too hard, or this can aggravate the skin.
- Rinse off the exfoliator into the shower a bath. It will go down the drain and dissolve.
- You are now almost ready to use your wrap. First, you will need a light moisturizer of any kind.
- After rinsing off your exfoliator, you’ll want to pat your skin lightly dry with a clean towel. Now apply a small amount of the moisturizer. Use only a tiny bit, because you need your skin to be able to breathe while in the wrap as well.
3. Perform the Cellulite Wrap
- You can now wrap the areas of your body that have cellulite with plastic wrap. Simply find some regular plastic wrap that can be purchased at a grocery store and a warm blanket or a heating pad. Use approximately 3 to 4 layers of the plastic wrap around areas where you have cellulite. The wrap should be quite tight on your skin, but do not make it so tight that it is very uncomfortable.
- You will probably want to wrap your stomach if there is cellulite there, your stomach and your thighs. You may even want to wrap your upper arms.
- Allow the wrap to stay on your skin for about 20 to 30 minutes. While you are wrapped, cover your body with either a heating pad or a warm woolen blanket. Watch a movie or read a book while you wait.
- After the time is up, take off your heating pad or blanket and slowly and gently remove the plastic wrap from your skin. If there is still moisturizer on the wrap when it comes off, wipe it off and rinse your body in the shower. Lastly, pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- You will want to use one of these cellulite wraps at least once a week until your cellulite is greatly reduced or completely gone. To help keep track of how often you are using a cellulite wrap on your body, keep a calendar where you write down the times that you use the wrap. Most women see a difference after only one or two wraps. Using these wraps is a great way to have a relaxing spa day at home and get rid of cellulite!
These amazing wraps are an excellent answer to cellulite on the body. Many women end up paying hundreds and thousands of dollars to get these same wraps at spas into beauty centers. Now that you know how to make your own cellulite wrap at home, you will be saving a ton of money, and more importantly, you will be getting rid of that annoying and embarrassing cellulite. Always follow these directions exactly to get the best outcome from your cellulite wraps.
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave your thoughts below. I look forward to the discussion.