Cellulite is something that many of us struggle with. It’s a common problem that is mostly seen among women, but some men may also experience cellulite and struggle with it.
Cellulite is nothing to be afraid of. It’s certainly not an unhealthy part of life, but it is definitely annoying and embarrassing to many people. What is cellulite? It’s just fat that lies directly beneath the top layers of skin. It is actually called subcutaneous fat because it is different from the fat that tends to build up in the buttocks and abdomen. This fat is smaller, but it tends to form curdle like shapes that end up dimpling the thin skin above it. This can be very annoying for some people.
How Do You Get Rid of Cellulite?
There are many ways that people attempt to get rid of this subcutaneous fat that we know as cellulite. Some people try to exercise it off and lose weight in general, but this doesn’t always work. The truth is that many men and women are just predisposed to getting cellulite. It all has to do with genetics.
If you want to get rid of cellulite truly, cupping may be the answer. Many people have not heard of this process or treatment, but it is becoming more popular in western society. Let’s learn about cupping first, and then you can see how you can use this treatment for yourself to finally say goodbye to cellulite.
What Exactly Is Cupping?
Cupping is an ancient Chinese tradition that has been used for centuries as a therapeutic treatment. The process involves using glass cups that are about the size of a small tea cup to actually suction to the skin and create a small vacuum. The pressure inside the cups helps to create suction and pull out toxins that often cause cellulite.
The Wonderful Benefits of Cupping
- Of course, one of the best benefits of cupping is that it helps tremendously with cellulite. Many women especially have seen their cellulite reduced by leaps and bounds after trying out cupping. But there are other benefits as well!
- Some people find that cupping helps their body to relax. It is a great relaxation method that not only helps you chill out throughout the process but can also help you to feel more relaxed throughout the day and for days and weeks afterward.
- Cupping also helps with other symptoms that make be caused by illnesses or diseases. The treatment can stop muscle tightness, spasms and pain.
- Cupping helps to release toxins in the body as well as lactic acid.
- Finally, it also improves oxygenation of the skin, overall circulation and detoxification of the blood.
How to Start Using Cupping for Cellulite Reduction
1. Gather what you will need
- Most of the things you will need for this process you already have at home.
- You will need some matches or a lighter, a small votive candle or tea light, some rubbing alcohol and cotton balls, a pair of tweezers, and some small cups that are made of glass.
- Before getting started, make sure that you clean out your glass cups and dry them thoroughly. You should also clean and dry your own skin.
2. Light a fire beneath the cups to create a small vacuum
- Let’s get started. First, you will need to create a small vacuum within the cups. To do this, start by putting a dab of your rubbing alcohol onto a cotton ball.
- Make sure not to use too much. Next, use your matches or a lighter to light the cotton ball on fire, but take care and do this over a sink. Use your tweezers (the longer the better) to hold the cotton ball. If the flame gets too large, quickly put the cotton ball into the skin and douse with water.
- Finally, you will need to hold this under each cup for about 6 to 12 seconds to heat it up.
3. Place cups onto the skin.
- Choose where you want to use the cups (the areas where you have cellulite on the body) before you get started.
- If the areas are hard to reach by yourself, ask a friend to help you.
- After the cups have been warmed, out the cotton ball and small flame with appropriate measures, then quickly place the cup onto the skin. Make sure that the cups are not too hot. They should not burn or hurt. Take care. There will be a vacuum in the cup once you apply it to the skin so that it will stick. You can do about 4 to 6 cups each session.
4. Perform a small massage with the cups
- After you have the cups on your skin and have left them for about 10 minutes, you can move them and massage them.
- Grab the bottom of the cup and slowly move the cups in small circles. You might have to reheat them to keep the suction going.
- Massage with one cup at a time for five minutes and then put it back to where it started. Move on to the next cup until you are finished. End the session by removing all of the cups.
Finally, you should know that your skin is going to look a little bit different when you get done cupping. Cupping spots are a classic sign that you have done the cupping correctly. But it is certainly sort of frightening to see these spots on your skin. It is only because of the way that the warm cups suction the skin and pull out toxins that you will notice these spots or circles. It is difficult to see the discoloration because it scares some people, but over time, the spots go away and the benefits of your cupping treatment session still remain.
You can expect to have immediate and amazing results with cupping. This could be a life-changing treatment for your body and spirit, and it can also take care of annoying and embarrassing cellulite once and for all.
If you have any questions or thoughts, please feel free to comment below. I look forward to hearing from you.