Cellulite is something that many people struggle with all over the world. It happens on the thighs, on the buttocks, on the stomach and sometimes, even on the upper arms. It is embarrassing and can be greatly annoying, especially when you are trying to look your best in a nice dress or in your bikini at the beach.
So how does one go about getting rid of cellulite? The answer is easy. You use a derma roller. This is a new technique that is catching on and sweeping the beauty scene. All of the celebs and famous folks in Hollywood are using derma rollers, and they are certainly a popular beauty device and technique in places like Paris and Milan. Let’s learn about derma rollers and what they are good for before learning how to use them on your skin to get rid of pesky cellulite.
What Is a Derma Roller in the First Place?
A derma roller is a device for the skin that can be used for many different skin conditions including cellulite. It is amazing for cellulite. You will notice that each derma roller is slightly different. Basically, however, the device is handheld and not electric. You can hold it by the handle, and at the end, a cylinder of plastic that is small with a lot of tiny needles on the rounded side rolls. You roll these tiny needles onto the skin.
Why do you roll needles on the skin, you ask? It does seem rather odd and rather painful, but it is really not. The needles are only partial millimeters or a few millimeters long, and you are not supposed to use a lot of pressure when you roll the needles onto the skin. In this way, there is no pain.
How Does a Derma Roller Work?
As stated, derma rollers have small needles or tiny spikes that hit your skin when you roll the roller over top of it. These spikes should not dig hard into the skin. If this happens, you are pressing too hard. Instead, they should just poke a minuscule amount into the skin. You should not be able to see where they poke in.
When this happens, the skin reacts by trying to fix these tiny holes, and in doing that it smooths itself out. The subcutaneous fat that is right below the top layers of skin is then evened out as well, and the cellulite is essentially deflated over time.
1. Find a derma roller to use
- You can find derma rollers online or in some beauty and wellness stores. They are easy to come by.
- You will have to make a choice when it comes to derma rollers. These devices come in different lengths, and different lengths should be used on different areas of the body. For cellulite, it is best to use a 1.00mm or 1.5mm length needle.
- Always purchase your derma roller brand new. You should never ever share your derma roller with anyone. This would be akin to sharing a needle with someone (or lots of needles in reality).
2. Wash your hands, the derma roller and skin with cellulite very well
- Because you will be poking into the skin with your derma roller even if it is only a very tiny amount, you need to make sure that your hands, the derma roller and the skin you want to use the derma roller on are extremely clean and also dried off very well.
- Use a regular cleanser or body wash and lots of warm water. When you get finished washing and rinsing off the cleanser, pat the skin dry with a clean towel. Wait a few minutes before using the roller.
- Your derma roller should be clean from the last time that you used it on your skin.
3. Use the derma roller
- When using a derma roller, focus on areas where you have cellulite. Using short movements with the roller, and try not to go over the same area two times.
- You will need to be systematic about the area that you cover with each stroke. Don’t just roll any and everywhere. Instead, start on one side of the area with cellulite, and slowly, move over to the other side.
- As far as how hard to press, it is important that you do not press too hard with your movements. Use a gently pressure. It is should feel sort of like someone is tickling you, but it should not hurt or feel greatly uncomfortable at all.
4. Apply an ice pack and some moisturizer or serum
- You will need an ice pack in your freezer before you begin and some moisturizer or serum at the ready as well.
- For a few moments right after you roll, put the ice pack onto your skin and hold it there.
- Then apply the moisturizer or serum that you have. It should be especially made for cellulite treatments with derma rollers.
5. Finish up and clean up
- Again, you will need to make sure that you clean your derma roller after every treatment session. This will ensure that no bacteria or germs get onto the needles, and it will make it easy to use the next time you do a treatment.
- Do this treatment once per 2 or 3 weeks, and keep using the cellulite serum each day. Make sure that you also wear a sunblock for at least one week after you do a treatment. The skin may be especially sensitive to the harmful UV rays of the sun afterward.
- Continue the treatments, and you will see great results in only a few weeks.
Many people do not know about derma rollers, and this is a true shame. These are wonderful products that can change your life in more ways than one. That is, in addition to thoroughly getting rid of cellulite, derma rollers can also help with stretch marks, acne scars on the face, and other scars on the body and face as well. Always use these key techniques when using a derma roller. You will never have to deal with cellulite again!
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, or questions below.