Cellulite is the pits. No one wants it, but many women seem to have to deal with it on a daily basis. If you have cellulite, chances are you are a woman. Women have much more cellulite than men do, and remember, having cellulite can be genetic, so if your mom has cellulite or your grandma does the chances that you already do or will have it as well are higher than normal.
Fortunately, there are natural ways to get rid of cellulite on your own and at home. These special remedies will be outlined in the article that follows. They are here for you to peruse so that you can find which national cellulite treatment works best for you. Let’s get started.
1. Try Organic Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil has been in the news a lot these days because of its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. Coconut oil is both soothing to the skin and also detoxifying.
- To use coconut oil, first to make sure that you only get all natural, organic coconut oil from your local health food store or online.
- Simply rub and moisturize your skin with your organic coconut oil twice per day. Focus on the areas of your body where have cellulite and do not rinse and wipe off the coconut oil once you apply it.
2. Strength Training Exercises Can Work Wonders
- Many people forget about simple exercise when it comes to reducing cellulite. After all, remember that cellulite is a form of fat, so it makes sense that if you can get rid of fat and replace it with muscle, then you can get rid of cellulite.
- You will want to focus on strength training for your exercise. Do lunges, squats and hip thrusts if your cellulite is on your legs and buttocks as most people’s is.
- You might also want to add in cardiovascular exercises if you have time. Try swimming, jogging or walking, running, biking or playing sports that involved in a lot of cardio work.
3. Use a Great Smelling Coffee Ground Scrub
- Coffee grounds have caffeine in them that help to stimulate the skin and fat that causes cellulite. Upon stimulation, the cellulite will be agitated enough that it will smooth out in disappear.
- To make your cellulite scrub with coffee grounds, simply mix one cup of coffee grounds with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Put all of this into a container and use it once every other day when you are in the shower or bath. You will start to notice a difference in your skin tone and cellulite in about a week or two.
4. Drink More Water
- Water can do wonders for your entire body, and it can especially help to get rid of cellulite. This is because the body retains water usually, and it ends up in your cellulite.
- Your goal every day should be to drink at least 70 or 80 ounces of water. Don’t forget that you can count juices, carbonated water or seltzer water, milk, non-caffeinated tea and a a few other drinks. Do not count coffee, caffeinated tea or alcohol.
- Remember that to make sure that you drink enough water, just carry a large water battle with you wherever you go. Keep in mind that you’ll have to go to the bathroom a lot more if you’re drinking this amount of water each day, so try to drink it during the first half of the day so that you don’t have to wake up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom all the time.
5. Try Dry Brushing
- Dry brushing is an ancient technique used by some Asian countries, but it is now very popular in the West as a way to reduce cellulite. For this natural routine, you’ll need to purchase a dry brush. These can be purchased at any health food store or online. They usually cost between five and 20 dollars. Make sure to buy one that has soft enough bristles so that it doesn’t agitate your skin and hard and durable enough bristles so that it still stimulates the cellulite.
- You will want to use your dry brush on your skin twice per day. Do it once in the morning as soon as you wake up and once when you go to bed at night.
- The key to using a dry brush is to always use gentle circular motions and to always point the dry brush in the direction of your heart. This helps to stimulate circulation.
6. Use Old Fashioned Diet to Reduce Cellulite
- Finally, don’t forget that you can use diet to reduce cellulite as well. All you need to do is start eating healthier. This includes getting more vegetables and fruits in your diet, consuming more whole grains as opposed to white enriched grains and eating more lean meats like chicken breasts and beans instead of full fat red meats like pork and beef.
- If you need to lose weight over all, you also want to start counting your calories. You can do this by keeping a food diary of everything that you putting your mouth on a daily basis. Look at what you’ve been eating and make adjustments so that you can start consuming class and losing weight every week. You should expect to lose approximately a net of 1 to 2 pounds each week.
- Don’t forget to take a daily multivitamin as part of your new diet. This will help you get all the vitamins and nutrients you need for healthy skin and muscle tone.
The best way to go about finding a cellulite reduction treatment that works for you and that is also all natural is to try some or all of the natural anti-cellulite methods mentioned in this article. Go through them one by one to find the method that works best for you and that will help you get rid of your cellulite best of all.
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, or questions below.